The Cadets 2019

The year they played Copland's 3rd they had a terrific shirt that mimicked the old Great Performance album covers...wore that one out after awhile.

9 hours ago, Eleran said:

Unfortunately, I didn't really see any Cadets merchandise that was very appealing.  It continues to be a weakness of theirs, in my eyes at least.

Opposite for me - I love their designs this year.  Small problem being that the women's shirt runs very small - so buyer beware on the quote shirt.  Also, in Allentown, they sold out superfast - good news/bad news there, I'll just order online.  And finally, no kids shirts available.  But, I understand they don't have volume sales there to justify it at the moment.  But, I take care of that one myself.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I bought a Z-Pull shirt this year and love it.

Z-pull shirt is cool, but I wish there was more on it.  I don’t think there’s anything on the back, is there?  I like to sit at a show, and have the folks behind me be able to see the shirt/corps I’m wearing.

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

Z-pull shirt is cool, but I wish there was more on it.  I don’t think there’s anything on the back, is there?  I like to sit at a show, and have the folks behind me be able to see the shirt/corps I’m wearing.

Do you have a picture of the shirt?

Cadets drum line is outstanding this year.  They're playing one of the most difficult books I have ever seen and heard. Just great.  They're being underscored big time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommeee said:

Except for a tour shirt, I don’t think any cadets shirt I’ve had had something on the back. 

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Cadets drum line is outstanding this year.  They're playing one of the most difficult books I have ever seen and heard. Just great.  They're being underscored big time

That’s because, notwithstanding all efforts to make scoring objective with lots and lots of rubrics and boxes and seminars and such...... you will never remove the human element of subjectivity. Nor can you remove the sequential order of appearance of each corps, which, whether consciously or not, forces the judges to “leave room” in their scoring for the next corps. It gives me a chuckle how each corps, almost top to bottom, lands in the same position in each caption. So, if Cadets come in fourth or second or seventh...... they take fourth or second or seventh in percussion. Maybe if it gets really crazy there’s a caption that’s one position higher or lower than the overall placement. You can cite that occasional “one off” such as BD percussion in 08. But these are exceptions only. 

Edited by HockeyDad