The Cadets 2019

Ya did good..keep going..it"s getting better every time!

• Like 1

that battery is smoking. wasn't able to get good shots of the pit tonight, but they sound great. Ending leaves me very flat right now

Have to get those visual numbers up. Drill is lacking what Cadets can usually do. Great overall improvement !!!!!  :dancin:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Where is Tekk these days?

he's taking a break - when Cadets add more drill I think he will be back!

• Like 1

I have the feeling (virtually, of course - half a Periscope earlier in the weekend then Flo last night) that the corps' performance is stagnating a bit since the 4th. Have to get past these constant show days and shorter rehearsals, and get some real cleaning and modifications done.

I think we are well past the feeling of doom some people had from the Detroit show, which I'm glad about. We're about 2-3 weeks into the tour and they're showing signs of strength. I think this show has more room to grow than 2018, and it helps that they have at least one really solid caption working for them (percussion).

Edited by chris ncsu
Said 2017, meant 2018
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

I have the feeling (virtually, of course - half a Periscope earlier in the weekend then Flo last night) that the corps' performance is stagnating a bit since the 4th. Have to get past these constant show days and shorter rehearsals, and get some real cleaning and modifications done.

I think we are well past the feeling of doom some people had from the Detroit show, which I'm glad about. We're about 2-3 weeks into the tour and they're showing signs of strength. I think this show has more room to grow than 2018, and it helps that they have at least one really solid caption working for them (percussion).

I think that's correct as well... 

Today's a long rehearsal day - an opportunity to go back and fix some things and make a few more smaller size changes:

MONDAY:

10:30 AM Wakeup / Breakfast

11:30 AM Stretch Basics

12:00 PM Block 1

3:00 PM Lunch

4:00 PM Block 2

6:30 PM Dinner

7:30 PM Block 3

9:40 PM Final Run 

10:00 PM Snack

Then the corps has a show day Tuesday & then two rehearsal days on Wednesday/Thursday with a pit stop at Mt. Rushmore

With 3 of 4 rehearsal days leading into Friday night's show in Casper - maybe we'll see some changes that night!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

CADET SOUVIE MERCHANDISE WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE ONLINE AND IT SHIPS DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOME FROM THE MANUFACTURER. 

https://shop.cadets.org/shop-all/

Here is just one of the items found there.
5052_-_Cadets_Script_Tee_Product_Image__

I bought the z-pull shirt, polo, this shirt, and the black and white track jacket and the sizes were accurate... but better yet, I had them 5 days later!

#marchstraightandtrue 

• Like 1

Watched their show last night which was only my second viewing of this show (first was premiere). 

Much improved! The drumline is incredible. I'm not a drum guy but I cannot help but watch them.

Hornline- much better. Still some really dirty stuff but I think they will get there.

Now for the show: Beginning is better. As for the story, I still don't get it. First- why is this even happening to the queen. She doesn't seem like a bad queen and just seems like her scepter is  being taken away because the peasants are revolting. For what reason?? And she gets completely lost with in the middle and have no idea why she's doing what she's doing.

I'm REALLY bummed they toned down the hit during Bridge Over Troubled Waters. I get the purpose of adding the dynamics, but I want to be hit in the face and it feels like they let off the gas and ruins the moment for me. 

"Do Better" section feels like old school GH. Stop it with the voice. We get it- "we must do better". Zero reason to bash us over the head with it. Let the drums and the pit do their thing.

Closer still needs work (no shocker there), but if they can clear up the story and add a few real moments (so far nothing makes me want to stand up) I think they could make top 6. At this moment they are placing exactly where they should.

• Like 1