The Cadets 2019

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I wish him nothing but the best. Like most things in life I"m sure there's two sides to every story

He wrote the opener - which IMO sucks. The drill for the HS band in my neighborhood is more organic and thoughtful. JMO

He should have never gotten the Cadets gig - he did just because no one at that point would work for GH. 

I see.  I think we can consider that Bobby Jones does NOT suck. I appreciate that it's your opinion. But you said he was not turning in drill. That implies he's not a professional and that seems hard to believe. How many years has he been at Reading?  

As for the Cadets and no one working there? Tom Aungst was there in 2017, the same time Bobby came in. And a herd of brass guys including the arranger (I forget his name). I am not sure staff was really the problem. But that's ancient history now. I was simply getting some clarity on the blame being passed to the drill guy. No way.

Bigger issues, we can all see that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Not to be rude but I don't equate writing for Reading with writing for the Cadets. 

Ouch. Some pretty good folks have been involved with DCA corps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

it's not the same

It's close.  and you are still missing the point. Bobby was doing his job. His being fired was a decision of the Cadets administration.  He is not the issue. Come to a DCA show! We can chat and I will show you around.

• Thanks 1