The Cadets 2019

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

judges dont take penalties into account when they judge their sheet. Look at BD's recap and you'll see they were at the top before the penalty.  By your thinking, the judges should slot the corps based on where they go on, which is NOT how it is to work

Ok. 

any current cadets videos out there that I have missed besides whats already posted???:lookaround:

5 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

Back when Cadets were winning as many titles and medals as BD (or more), were they still not drawing the top talent? Didn't I hear that the 1985 corps was so good that they really didn't rehearse much relative to other corps (or at least other Cadets corps)?

They 85 Cadets did rehearse as much if not more than the other corps. The 84 Cadets rehearsed less because of lots of bus issues spending time on the side of the road.85 was the first of the championship years where they were loaded in all sections across the corps (battery was the laggard in 83, 84).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

They 85 Cadets did rehearse as much if not more than the other corps. The 84 Cadets rehearsed less because of lots of bus issues spending time on the side of the road.85 was the first of the championship years where they were loaded in all sections across the corps (battery was the laggard in 83, 84).

Hell, even in 2000 we rehearsed so much that I think that may have been what contributed to our having a tie with Cavies on finals night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Hell, even in 2000 we rehearsed so much that I think that may have been what contributed to our having a tie with Cavies on finals night. 

I agree with that. I felt the 2000 corps came into finals a bit over rehearsed... 

38 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It didn’t help that something wonky was going on with cadets closer that night. 

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

It didn’t help that something wonky was going on with cadets closer that night. 

I still have not figured out what caused THAT. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I still have not figured out what caused THAT. 

I remember that night like it was much less than almost 20 years ago - a bunch of us were in the stands on the 50 and we were like "what just happened"?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I remember that night like it was much less than almost 20 years ago - a bunch of us were in the stands on the 50 and we were like "what just happened"?

That was my sentiment through the entire last 20 seconds of the show. 

• Haha 1

Anyone know if Cadets have a new ending yet?