The Cadets 2019

Just now, Tommeee said:

I’m not going so far as to say the lack of communication is ALARMING.  But I do think it is disappointing.

I find it alarming 

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I find it alarming 

It's a tale of 2 extremes, right? GH put a lot out there, some he shouldn't have. This team puts out a quick video every week or two. The couple-minute videos they put out leading up to kickoff were fine, but mostly nothing since then. I guess we're not obligated to know much of anything beyond where they are and the scores (and they have a good photographer), but a little more would be nice.

18 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

It's a tale of 2 extremes, right? GH put a lot out there, some he shouldn't have. This team puts out a quick video every week or two. The couple-minute videos they put out leading up to kickoff were fine, but mostly nothing since then. I guess we're not obligated to know much of anything beyond where they are and the scores (and they have a good photographer), but a little more would be nice.

Exactly

Not the best way to engage and rebuild an organization 

is there a plan? If so communicate 

bringing back the drill designer and hiring an untested show coordinator were big mistakes 

since then it appears they’ve gone into full circle the wagons mode

just my take on it as a complete outsider 

the other thing is- are they a class organization or not

if so congratulate the Blue Knights 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Exactly

bringing back the drill designer and hiring an untested show coordinator were big mistakes 

the other thing is- are they a class organization or not

if so congratulate the Blue Knights 

bingo

Now that the corps are mixing and the groupthink and placements from last tear are fading, I think we will see placements drop like a stone

Exactly

Time will tell if they want to do much self-reflection publicly. They did a fair bit of it in the previous offseason, but it was more about pre-GH vs post-GH. Will they talk about what went right/wrong for 2019? Will they do that right now? I don't expect them to throw people under the bus or air dirty laundry, that's not really good for anyone, but yes engagement and rebuilding does require some amount of honesty. I guess? I mean, do other corps really do much of that, or do we just expect Cadets to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The lack of communication is alarming 

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

I do think it is disappointing.

What sort of communication are you guys expecting?   They had months and months to plan the show design, and what they came up with made everybody cringe the moment they released the info.  Literally, the buzz and postings were sky high as Cadets released the show name, then the show uniform, and then ... BAM ... crickets when they released the show description as everyone who didn't already know went all

source.gif

So what communication are you expecting now?  That despite all those months which got them to this point, they suddenly in the past few weeks have a remedy to make the show design all better?

baldrick-cunning-plan-gif.gif?w=663

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Time will tell if they want to do much self-reflection publicly. They did a fair bit of it in the previous offseason, but it was more about pre-GH vs post-GH. Will they talk about what went right/wrong for 2019? Will they do that right now? I don't expect them to throw people under the bus or air dirty laundry, that's not really good for anyone, but yes engagement and rebuilding does require some amount of honesty. I guess? I mean, do other corps really do much of that, or do we just expect Cadets to?

I would be curious about what you guys and gals who are closer to Cadets would say are the problems. It seems to me that Cadets have had a steady drop in experience for the past three years now, which may have been exacerbated by C2 being viewed as a feeder corps. There are probably more destination corps than at any time in DCI history right now, and with new corps moving up to WC it may have created a perfect storm for Cadets.

In retrospect it was probably the wrong time to bring in an untested show coordinator. Even someone with a decade of experience would be tested by all of the pressure points.

48 minutes ago, Eleran said:

What sort of communication are you guys expecting?   They had months and months to plan the show design, and what they came up with made everybody cringe the moment they released the info.  Literally, the buzz and postings were sky high as Cadets released the show name, then the show uniform, and then ... BAM ... crickets when they released the show description as everyone who didn't already know went all

source.gif

So what communication are you expecting now?  That despite all those months which got them to this point, they suddenly in the past few weeks have a remedy to make the show design all better?

baldrick-cunning-plan-gif.gif?w=663

Exactly. The director spent months putting out bits (or maybe bytes?) of information that hyped up this show and made many of us feel optimistic about this season. I was COMPLETELY on board until I finally saw the show and then heard the staff BS that contributed to their having this type of show. At this point, they're better off keeping their mouths closed and focusing on making this palatable by finals night. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Exactly. The director spent months putting out bits (or maybe bytes?) of information that hyped up this show and made many of us feel optimistic about this season. I was COMPLETELY on board until I finally saw the show and then heard the staff BS

Well, I DID try to warn you back in March ...

• Like 1