The Cadets 2019

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s been posting on his Facebook page and he does his blog on the Cadets volunteers page, also on Facebook.   

You're a gem.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i havent seen the show for a week, but the recaps say to me...GET CLEAN. And yes the closer needs more, and i am sure thats being worked on, and it may be causing cleanliness elsewhere to lag. if they have a plan for the ending, this is the week to throw it out for the world to see

The ending is done and I am guessing next week some changes to do better based only on that’s what I would do

then clean clean and keep adding content to the guard book 

5 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

This is hilarious coming from you.

For the past month you wrote about the great things going on. You have defended the show, you have given your insider information regarding the firings of designers and the great additions about to come. You had this corps targeted for greatness. They had a clean slate,  new team, and great leadership. This was going to be the year.

Alas, at the first show it was clear they were in big trouble. You explained they were behind. 

And now, after close to a month of berating anyone who dare comment regarding their dislike of the program and the potential for the performance, you explain that the activity is about  friendship, travel, and the value of hard work. As my daughter says to me "REALLY".  

As I pointed out before, the brass line is not doing well. If we look at the scoring of last night and look to who else is in the mix, the Cadets are looking at 12th in Brass. And as for visual design, I also see that they can place 12th. Once that settles in, MA will drop, the guard will have a tough time placing anywhere near the top 6 and the overall outlook is in the lower levels of the 12.  Like I said, thank God for the percussion line. Ironically, the front and center positioning of the percussion from a design standpoint ( visually and musically) is part of the problem. The show is way, way too tilted to the percussion line.

George, drum corps does teach many lessons, that is for certain. But kids deserve the chance to achieve and what people have tried to say on this board from time to time, is that the Cadets simply did not receive a product they could use as a vehicle. This is what we are seeing now.  The ship may turn, and the designers might create something special with what they have today, but time is running out. There are tons of miles to navigate from now through Indy, there are not a great deal of rehearsal days and the end result seems more and more obvious.  

Your comments that we need to focus on the great activity of drum corps and leave the competitive discussions to the side, is  interesting. Perhaps this is good. I just wonder where this broad view suddenly arose. You have been so competitive, so interested in the placing, and always cheering on the new regime. Did something happen in Broken Arrow that changed your view?

Please don't comment on me or ask questions of me. Your characterization of me and my posts is without value and is entirely inaccurate. I'm using the "ignore" feature on you now. I'm not sure what your "issue" is but I honestly do not care. Bye!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Is that something you can say on DCP?   😁  

I had to Google spatchcock, too. I wonder if I can work that into a conversation with the Mrs and not get slapped upside the head. The woman owns every kitchen gadget known to man, but can barely boil water. 

• Like 1

7/17/19

Housing Site:

Sapulpa High School

7 S Mission St

Sapulpa, OK 74066

Daily Schedule:

8:30 AM Wakeup Breakfast

8:45 AM Stretch Basics

9:15 AM Block 1

12:30 PM Lunch

1:15 PM Depart for Laundry (eat dinner at Laundry)

5:30 PM Block 2

9:10 PM Final Run/Corps Meeting

9:30 PM EPL - Dinner

11:05 PM BIS

11:15 PM Depart for Little Elm TX

Full Day Donor Display: 
Erin Sowers & Family
  • Thanks 1

Tonight's special is Tide  la Orange with a dessert of Bounce a la mode. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Tonight's special is Tide  la Orange with a dessert of Bounce a la mode. 

Food machines at the laundromat gonna be empty when the corps leaves lol