The Cadets 2019

10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

1:15 PM Depart for Laundry (eat dinner at Laundry)

Tonight's special is Tide  la Orange with a dessert of Bounce a la mode. 

Lol I’m thinking pizza and or box lunches 

tide pods do not sound yummy 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that comment was made in sarcasm to that poster, not an indictment of how the organization is handling things. I understand how lawyers can drag anything out

Thanks for the clarification!

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

public FB post (hope it is ok I'm sharing it here) from a 2019 Cadets brass member about one of his teachers in particular but also about the great tradition of alumni "lending" their corps jackets to current members to wear during their season. This post puts a LOT into perspective:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.lynes.5?hc_location=ufi

I marched with Marc.  I can attest that he is the real deal as both an educator and a human being.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, George Dixon said:

public FB post (hope it is ok I'm sharing it here) from a 2019 Cadets brass member about one of his teachers in particular but also about the great tradition of alumni "lending" their corps jackets to current members to wear during their season. This post puts a LOT into perspective:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.lynes.5?hc_location=ufi

Wow...super cool story Dix!

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Wow...super cool story Dix!

What a cool tradition. 

• Like 1

I have been a fan of The Cadets through Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, and heavens knows how many other corps changes. I have been both a sponsor through the Maroon and Gold Club and marching member tuition assistance donor.  When I traveled to a weekend camp and heard the description of the show to the members, my jaw dropped, and I had an empty feeling in my gut.

Why on earth with all the problems with George being run off and all the allegations of abuse toward women would the design team get anywhere near "Taking down a Leader (the queen)" and in any way link this show to  women. I say this because this theme ran through the show when described that afternoon. 

This year's show should have been no where near these subjects. What I felt that afternoon still feels that way when I see and hear about the show.  

This is my opinion and solely my opinion, but that's how I feel. And by the way, I will continue to support the corps financially.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, oldsnare said:

I have been a fan of The Cadets through Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, and heavens knows how many other corps changes. I have been both a sponsor through the Maroon and Gold Club and marching member tuition assistance donor.  When I traveled to a weekend camp and heard the description of the show to the members, my jaw dropped, and I had an empty feeling in my gut.

Why on earth with all the problems with George being run off and all the allegations of abuse toward women would the design team get anywhere near "Taking down a Leader (the queen)" and in any way link this show to  women. I say this because this theme ran through the show when described that afternoon. 

This year's show should have been no where near these subjects. What I felt that afternoon still feels that way when I see and hear about the show.  

This is my opinion and solely my opinion, but that's how I feel. And by the way, I will continue to support the corps financially.

Many would agree with you.  Would love to see the Cadets take on a non-Socially Relevant topic next year (or five).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1