The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, oldsnare said:

I have been a fan of The Cadets through Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, and heavens knows how many other corps changes. I have been both a sponsor through the Maroon and Gold Club and marching member tuition assistance donor.  When I traveled to a weekend camp and heard the description of the show to the members, my jaw dropped, and I had an empty feeling in my gut.

Why on earth with all the problems with George being run off and all the allegations of abuse toward women would the design team get anywhere near "Taking down a Leader (the queen)" and in any way link this show to  women. I say this because this theme ran through the show when described that afternoon. 

This year's show should have been no where near these subjects. What I felt that afternoon still feels that way when I see and hear about the show.  

This is my opinion and solely my opinion, but that's how I feel. And by the way, I will continue to support the corps financially.

I agree: completely 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Many would agree with you.  Would love to see the Cadets take on a non-Socially Relevant topic next year (or five).  

Or 20. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 7:30 AM, jonwoody said:

I am wondering why we do not hear anything about a similar accusation with other corps. Is it because nothing like this ever happens?? ( Not a chance). Do they do a better job hiding it?? Is DCI helping keeps the lid on other accusations and letting the Cadets take all the heat?? If people think the Cadets are the only ones with  this issue then I have some property and bridges to sell you lol. And people should not be SHOCKED by what has happened because it's been going on for DECADES.. Anyone who has been involved in this activity for any length of time knows this is not a new issue. I could list people who might have thought something had happened to their child and first thing they do is run for a lawyer to see how much $$$ they could get out of it.

I marched for 9 years and I dont recall ever seeing or hearing of any sexual harassment. I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I dont recall seeing it. However, there was promiscuity among the members. News flash...Boys and Girls in their late teens have raging hormones!

On 7/17/2019 at 8:11 AM, dans said:

Of course the situation will involve lawyers....duh! The last thing the Cadets need is self-proclaimed experts on DCP pretending to be spokespeople for the corps. This is a highly sensitive issue between the management of the Cadets, some parents, and lawyers. This is not the business of anyone on this site. Let alone a certain person on this site who loves to hear himself speak...mind your own business.

This story is public knowledge. This is a message board where folks posts their thoughts and opinions. What is so difficult to understand about this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Or 20. 

Statues? The number 10? Or Christmas?

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, oldsnare said:

I have been a fan of The Cadets through Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, and heavens knows how many other corps changes. I have been both a sponsor through the Maroon and Gold Club and marching member tuition assistance donor.  When I traveled to a weekend camp and heard the description of the show to the members, my jaw dropped, and I had an empty feeling in my gut.

Why on earth with all the problems with George being run off and all the allegations of abuse toward women would the design team get anywhere near "Taking down a Leader (the queen)" and in any way link this show to  women. I say this because this theme ran through the show when described that afternoon. 

This year's show should have been no where near these subjects. What I felt that afternoon still feels that way when I see and hear about the show.  

This is my opinion and solely my opinion, but that's how I feel. And by the way, I will continue to support the corps financially.

agreed. the top shows now don't have these types of messages. less is more

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Statues? The number 10? Or Christmas?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, waliman4444 said:

congrats drumline...keep kicking derrieres!

It's fascinating to see the drumline doing so well. Really happy for them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2