The Cadets 2019

Just now, George Dixon said:

Man I hope the members are doing ok. And I hope the staff really gets it - with only three weeks left they should focus 90% on performance levels imo and take out most of the dancing and electronics in do better and just add some easy to teach box drill and let the battery shine 

I also hope a staffing plan for next year is already under discussion, visual team, brass caption and arranger imo minimally must change 

You and I both know they are not going to do much of anything. The season started with bad decisions the first show,  I feel awful for the kids. They are chuck full of talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

10th in visual is getting better???

24.950 (last night) is better than 19.45 (Detroit).  Yes they are getting better in visual.  Just not as fast as the others are getting better.  Look to their success and progress over the season.  To get better faster, takes talent (MM), Design, and Instruction.  I'm guessing the talent is there.  Look to the other two.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Are you just here to throw salt in wounds and state the obvious?.

No..just venting i guess. I am just so.....so..... upset.:61_sob:

Just now, PamahoNow said:

24.950 (last night) is better than 19.45 (Detroit).  Yes they are getting better in visual.  Just not as fast as the others are getting better.  Look to their success and progress over the season.  To get better faster, takes talent (MM), Design, and Instruction.  I'm guessing the talent is there.  Look to the other two.

I am referring to the other two. The kids are blameless.

I still love the Cadets , BUT, I can no longer believe the pre season hype ...I guess less info is better than hyperbole

• Like 1

Was this show designed to purposefully reduce the amount of brass playing In the total show? Just seems like someone could have predicted these results if you just look at how little the corps is playing music outside of percussion

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It is very frustrating. 

I feel bad for you, George. I know how much this is killing you. Cadets have been one of the truly elite entities in this activity forever. No one wants to see this.

The kids should not feel any blame for this, they are just kids and they paid to be here. They deserve a life changing experience, and my hope is that the leadership of the corps is making sure they mentally focus on what their job is.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

I still love the Cadets , BUT, I can no longer believe the pre season hype ...I guess less info is better than hyperbole

“Behold is, by definition, a command for respect and is often used to introduce something remarkable or impressive. The design team wanted to honor the remarkable story of resilience, strength, unity, and healing for The Cadets and for all women in our activity and our country, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of women in The Cadets in 2019,” said Darcie Aungst, Program Coordinator. “I was intrigued by women in history who lead entire nations as far back as Ancient Egypt and Rome; often pondering the question, what happened? Why in 2019 is it a struggle? This show explores that history and those questions. Behold tells a tale of female strength and leadership, the ugliness of jealousy, discrimination, and power when it is held over others. The show points triumphantly to images and sounds of true equality and opportunity for everyone regardless of gender, race, orientation, identity, or ethnicity. Shattering the glass ceiling opens opportunities for everyone who has been told they are ‘less than’ and leaves our world a better place for future generations. Behold the power of unity, of equality, and of The Cadets!”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

“Behold is, by definition, a command for respect and is often used to introduce something remarkable or impressive. The design team wanted to honor the remarkable story of resilience, strength, unity, and healing for The Cadets and for all women in our activity and our country, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of women in The Cadets in 2019,” said Darcie Aungst, Program Coordinator. “I was intrigued by women in history who lead entire nations as far back as Ancient Egypt and Rome; often pondering the question, what happened? Why in 2019 is it a struggle? This show explores that history and those questions. Behold tells a tale of female strength and leadership, the ugliness of jealousy, discrimination, and power when it is held over others. The show points triumphantly to images and sounds of true equality and opportunity for everyone regardless of gender, race, orientation, identity, or ethnicity. Shattering the glass ceiling opens opportunities for everyone who has been told they are ‘less than’ and leaves our world a better place for future generations. Behold the power of unity, of equality, and of The Cadets!”

Just do a great drum corps show. Why have Cadets consistently tried to make social statements in a band show? It almost NEVER works. No one enjoys social studies class, except perhaps the teacher...and she already passed the class.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1