The Cadets 2019

49 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

They do not even have the best quality arraignment of Bridge over Trouble Waters in DCI (see Academy).

I would have to disagree with you here. I think Drew did a much better job with Bridge Over Troubled Water than Academy.

That being said, I'm inclined to believe that the staff chose the ballad and designed the rest of the show to fit. I think this because the staff were itching to program in a Simon & Garfunkel piece after Sound of Silence was cut from the 2018 program.

• Like 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have a feeling that if the current trajectory stands, Cadets will end up 12th or 13th in Indy.   Will see if SOA gets a boost next weekend in Atlanta.

I really doubt it, given how they're placing GE wise and Perc scores.

3 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

I really doubt it, given how they're placing GE wise and Perc scores.

It depends in part if the judges keep calling it like they see it.  One thing about last night was that I find encouraging is that the caption scores are all over the place, because that is where the judge for that caption felt it should be.  I would much rather see that than Bloo getting 1st in all captions, BD 2nd, etc.  Kind of like the old days - SOA brass will need to beat Cadets percussion - or vice versa.

The only thing I can predict with some certainty is that in 3 weeks we will know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I have a feeling that if the current trajectory stands, Cadets will end up 12th or 13th in Indy.   Will see if SOA gets a boost next weekend in Atlanta.

<< shields up >>

I believe their range is 7th through 13th and the mostly likely range is 9th through 11th - going to be an interesting few weeks

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Oh I agree - it is just about as sophisticated as an elementary school play 

Funny that every season we end up expressing very similar things, me in June and you in late July.

I guess it's all just a little bit of history repeating...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ykw said:

Found this in my email box this morning -- this is what I call deflection

https://yea.org/cadets/join

4m3Qxjj.jpg

If they can manage without the fees then that is great news for all involved.!!

9 minutes ago, billj said:

I think 2 corps have shown this (Bridge) isn't a good song for drum corps .

Bridge is a great song if done the right way. Cadets version is not one of them. Ditch the vocal and let the horn line go to town on it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Bridge is a great song if done the right way. Cadets version is not one of them. Ditch the vocal and let the horn line go to town on it.

I like Academy's rendition, maybe only in contrast.  Would love to see them with a blue tarp during part of the song. (If not a tarp, something blue.)