The Cadets 2019

30 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Maybe blue streamers a-la-BD 2016?

That might work.  sumpum to indicate water.

1 hour ago, billj said:

Oops: 

I'm not sure, the more I think about it.  

How does her desire to do BOTW, differ in kind, from what the designers of the Bluecoats did.  The decided they wanted to do a Beatles show very early on.  Like a year in advance.

6 hours ago, jonwoody said:

That staff better not give up on those kids !!!! Make some radical changes and go for it.There is still 3 weeks in the season!!. Break out the maroon and gold and show what the Cadets can do !!. What have they got to lose????:grrr:

just because the admin do something for 2020 now doesn't mean anyone has given up on the current corps. Jesus

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Everyone calm down! How do you expect the staff and MMs to stay positive and work hard for the next 3 weeks when you are all creating a culture of the sky is falling!  They are busting butt out there to entertain you, just say thank you if your critique is not going to be helpful.  

thank you. The sense of entitlement in here, without remembering the entire picture is astounding. Cavaliers 2012-2018. perfect example, and the corps down there are better than ever.

said it before, i'll say it again...this is going to be a several year rebuilding process. to think anything else is foolish, and you may see steps backwards from time to time.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, billj said:

I think 2 corps have shown this (Bridge) isn't a good song for drum corps .

The Cadets arrangement of BOTW is very uninspiring and void of any emotional connection. And the tag at the end is just awful.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

thank you. The sense of entitlement in here, without remembering the entire picture is astounding. Cavaliers 2012-2018. perfect example, and the corps down there are better than ever.

said it before, i'll say it again...this is going to be a several year rebuilding process. to think anything else is foolish, and you may see steps backwards from time to time.

YES! GIve the staff a chance. They have to find their way. There was a fill in video on FLO on the previous stream at intermission or start of stream that was showing Cadets in the lot outside of Detroit. Corps Director and another person were motivating the kids in the lot. I think they are doing all they can as fast as they can but as Jeff said this will be not only a healing process but a rebuilding process. It's just going to take some time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonwoody said:

the maroon and gold uniforms.

The net competitive effect of this would be zero.

There's a sentiment I see often where the "solution" to a competitive slump is for a corps do "something, something, tradition".

"Tradition" is nowhere on the scoring rubric. In terms of actual effect on placement, it has none.

What *does* is show design that either keeps up with or improves on current design trends. A 9th place Cadets that walks out with maroon and gold tomorrow is a 9th place Cadets that happens to be wearing maroon and gold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never thought it was a good song for drum corps going way back.

This would have been a great song for SCV back when they did By The Time I Get To Phoenix. I like Academy's version. They do a proper job with it as a ballad.

But then, there are these versions: