The Cadets 2019

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just don’t like the song. Never have.  Just a personal choice. 

i also can’t stand Stairway to Heaven despite loving zeppelin.  We got up and left a concert by a great zeppelin cover band because they started playing it.  Jim said I’m out and I said I’m right behind you. 

Josh Groban is doing the tune on his latest album, and also in his live concerts. In fact, his current tour is called "The Bridges Tour". He does it with a gospel choir. My wife saw him in Atlantic City a week ago. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonwoody said:

?? where did you get 2020 from?? Referring to 2019 not 2020. Jesus.

the ad for camp fees.

4 hours ago, exitmusic said:

I don't think anyone harbors the assumption that strapping into the wool will magically solve all of our issues.

I think the point is that everything we've ever tried that *wasn't* in the maroon and gold has been an absolute failure. When we are in uniform, at least we know who we are. When we are in some kind of half-baked costume, we can't seem to design a show.

oh people do. seriously

4 hours ago, oldsnare said:

My worry is how many times can you present the wrong staff; how many times can you present the wrong show design before the members don't trust enough to comeback. Tnen all the top auditioners go elsewhere. This is my worry. There is no more pride in putting on that Cadet jacket. It is now putting on a costume you don't what it is going to be till just before move in. That is my worry!

didn't hurt the Cavaliers. Hell Boston was a founding member and didn't make finals until 1999. 

4 hours ago, exitmusic said:

I agree that we have to go someplace, but at this point I'd rather take a year and do a "vintage Cadets" thing and get 8th place than keep trying and failing to play someone else's game.

Also, our kids know our history. More than anything else, they know our history.

you won't get 8th place. See Madison

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

So it seems to me that the issue is one of getting the organization in a solid state before any concerns with placement.  Placements can only result after the solid foundation is there.  Just do not go crazy like the Scouts!  

well Cadets are already coed, so i doubt they will go single gender

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, exitmusic said:

I agree that we have to go someplace, but at this point I'd rather take a year and do a "vintage Cadets" thing and get 8th place than keep trying and failing to play someone else's game.

Also, our kids know our history. More than anything else, they know our history.

This is what has gotten Scouts where they are today. Move forward with confidence, not backward. Aiming for an 8th place show is truly pathetic for a Cadets fan.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeD said:

Josh Groban is doing the tune on his latest album, and also in his live concerts. In fact, his current tour is called "The Bridges Tour". He does it with a gospel choir. My wife saw him in Atlantic City a week ago. 

I’ll be skipping that one 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Aiming for an 8th place show is truly pathetic for a Cadets fan.

Thank you for your very constructive criticism. 

IMO, the Scouts' issue was attempting to move forward by moving back. Why hire people who were great at drum corps a generation ago?

Let's accept that the next few years are going to be absolutely brutal. Let's hire young designers and let them do their thing. How old was Sully in 1982? How old was GZ in 1982? 

Let's do a Cadets show next year. I'm not saying we break out Elk's Parade and Rocky Point Holiday by any means. I'm not saying that we literally break out the maroon and gold. I'm saying we do a show that plays to our historical strengths rather than attempt to play the game that everyone else plays now, and frankly we just aren't good at.

Let's do something with a positive vibe that makes people happy (see: Bluecoats 2019) and focus on bringing back the standard of excellence that has been built since 1982 or so. Let's do something we can clean. Let's get a pedestrian 8th place next year and remember who we are.

Let's go off the ####### deep end in 2021.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Thank you for your very constructive criticism. 

IMO, the Scouts' issue was attempting to move forward by moving back. Why hire people who were great at drum corps a generation ago?

Let's accept that the next few years are going to be absolutely brutal. Let's hire young designers and let them do their thing. How old was Sully in 1982? How old was GZ in 1982? 

Let's do a Cadets show next year. I'm not saying we break out Elk's Parade and Rocky Point Holiday by any means. I'm not saying that we literally break out the maroon and gold. I'm saying we do a show that plays to our historical strengths rather than attempt to play the game that everyone else plays now, and frankly we just aren't good at.

Let's do something with a positive vibe that makes people happy (see: Bluecoats 2019) and focus on bringing back the standard of excellence that has been built since 1982 or so. Let's do something we can clean. Let's get a pedestrian 8th place next year and remember who we are.

Let's go off the ####### deep end in 2021.

I can definitely go with the more lighthearted theme.