The Cadets 2019

There are changes to try to get an extra tenth or two out of a performance caption (like taking out a brass run they're not performing well, or smooth over some highly exposed moments, or removing part of the ensemble from a phrase), and there are changes to try to improve GE and analysis captions. Hopefully (IMO) they're doing the latter more than the former -- i.e., trying to make it a better show. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hardly. Fans are allowed to be frustrated and George has been that several times over the years. 

To me that's EXACTLY what a fan is. A fan doesn't have to exhibit blind loyalty to be a fan. Sometimes fans of something are the most critical of all. Why? Passion! I am an alum of The Cadets and always been a fan of The Cadets. At the same time, I've been very critical. Why? Because I want them to be better and there's obviously things I think they could do a much better job of doing. That doesn't make me any less of a fan. 

At the same time, those that have nothing bad to say are any more/less a fan of those more critical. I will say any one discrediting the other as not a fan is just plain wrong. If you're here, it's because you care enough to be here. 

Apathy is the most dangerous feeling when it comes to a fandom. When you just don't care, that's when there's a huge problem.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, East9900 said:

To me that's EXACTLY what a fan is. A fan doesn't have to exhibit blind loyalty to be a fan. Sometimes fans of something are the most critical of all. Why? Passion! I am an alum of The Cadets and always been a fan of The Cadets. At the same time, I've been very critical. Why? Because I want them to be better and there's obviously things I think they could do a much better job of doing. 

Exactly 

21 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Schedule from yea.org certainly allows time to day for a major change or two we were discussing 

long  blocks and a long day - 

Housing Site

Pride Field - Band Rehearsal Facility
Univ. Southern Mississippi

Hattiesburg, MS 39406

Daily Schedule

Tuesday, July 23, 2019.  Rehearsal Day 

Hattiesburg, MS

7:30 AM Wakeup / Breakfast

8:30 AM Stretch Basics

9:00 AM Block 1

1:00 PM Lunch

2:00 PM Block 2

6:00 PM Dinner

7:00 PM Block 3

10:00 PM End rehearsal / Meal #4

11:30 PM Lights out

I sure hope the kids got enough sleep. They had a drive to Hattiesburg so I imagine if they were in bed before 4 am it would have been a good trip. And then up at 7:30 am. Whoa! Does not DCI have some rule about sleep now? I know Hopkins used to have the corps up and at breakfast at 8am after a 6am arrival. That was a point of big criticism. 

I guess to make the changes you  " gotta do what you gotta do". And today is a show day, so there was no travel last night. Tonight the Cadets have a decent gate time of 8:52 pm and they are on site, so they should be well prepared.

Looking forward to hearing about the performance.  With the Mandarins and the Blue Stars on either side of the Cadets this could be interesting. 

Anyone have the judges list for the evening ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eleran said:

FYI - they are working on at least one significant change/rewrite, and brought in someone with prior Cadet marching and Visual staff experience to write it

So I heard they talked Marc Sylvester into taking the trip. He does not want his name out there but a friend on site gave me a call. Of course, I asked my buddy if he had ever met Marc Sylvester before and he said no. He did say there was a guy up top managing the rehearsal but he did not know for sure who it was. I guess you call that  an unsubstantiated report. 

I will try to get info. My friend is on tour driving for a corps and was over the University for a bit this AM.

Blue Devils are on site also.

27 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

So I heard they talked Marc Sylvester into taking the trip. He does not want his name out there but a friend on site gave me a call

How irresponsible of you. Unsurprising.

34 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

I sure hope the kids got enough sleep.

They got plenty  of sleep. Do you have evidence otherwise? 

And while we're at it - do you have a name yet?

5 hours ago, Algernon said:

Sounding less and less like a Cadets fan Mr Dixon...

Huh? George sounds like a passionate fan who is concerned about his corps and frsutrated with the position they are in. What part of that makes you think he's less of a Cadets fan? Smh

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

So I heard they talked Marc Sylvester into taking the trip. He does not want his name out there but a friend on site gave me a call. Of course, I asked my buddy if he had ever met Marc Sylvester before and he said no. He did say there was a guy up top managing the rehearsal but he did not know for sure who it was. I guess you call that  an unsubstantiated report. 

I will try to get info. My friend is on tour driving for a corps and was over the University for a bit this AM.

Blue Devils are on site also.

OMG please no. I love Sully, but... no.