The Cadets 2019

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

YEA! runs both USBands and Cadets.  Of course money and resources are going to be shared.  There might need to be more transparency on how money is flowed, but to suggest that money CANNOT be shared, is incorrect.

Yeah, I have to agree. How could they prevent the flow of money from USB to Cadets? If USBands makes the revenue (and it certainly does) and the electricity bills for the YEA offices come out of the revenue budget, does that mean the Cadets staff and admins can't use the same office?

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

never said it was bad. other groups have multiple ways to fund themselves

I know you didn't. I just used used your quote. My apologies for making it sound like I was calling you out. 

Some of the previous posts before yours made it sound like what YEA and The Cadets were doing was sketchy.. at least that was how I read it. 

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

This whole Boston Cadets thing is way overrated 

just be happy both are strong!

i wonder what other changes Cadets have made during this quiet week? I’ve heard a new Cadets style closing moments and that the stair props have been finished with high end painting that looks like carpeted stairs in maroon and white 

any other big changes to expect? I’m hoping they’ve lost the tag ending to the ballad 

At Hattiesburg the Ballad had been modified a bit.   Sung Lyrics introduced earlier on, and the "I will lay me down" at the end was gone.  The stairs do like nice with the new "red carpet", though between the carpets and the corps in red, the Queen in her new red dress is harder to distinguish

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

never said it was bad. other groups have multiple ways to fund themselves

If one is prudent, absolutely- if one of the cash cows fails or goes belly up, others are there to continue income flow. My guess is various groups learned this the hard way when the Bingo gods left the galaxy.

7 hours ago, East9900 said:

I know you didn't. I just used used your quote. My apologies for making it sound like I was calling you out. 

Some of the previous posts before yours made it sound like what YEA and The Cadets were doing was sketchy.. at least that was how I read it. 

with past leadership i am sure sketchiness abounded, hence and $800 grand deficit

Just one night, but seems like a big step up for Cadets last night. Looks like it was entirely a GE bump. Going back to San Antonio, Cadets were behind Stars in GE by 0.825-2.2; Cadets ahead by 0.1 last night.

2 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Just one night, but seems like a big step up for Cadets last night. Looks like it was entirely a GE bump. Going back to San Antonio, Cadets were behind Stars in GE by 0.825-2.2; Cadets ahead by 0.1 last night.

They put the entire redone closer in

Stairs finished

The show is dirty so lots to clean 

Still feel they should remove the tag ending on BOTW 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

They put the entire redone closer in

Stairs finished

The show is dirty so lots to clean 

Still feel they should remove the tag ending on BOTW 

A pop in GE, with still so much to clean, could be encouraging.

I haven't seen it in a while, but yeah I dislike the BOTW tag, have since I first heard it on camp videos. It got somewhat clearer through good performance, but I still didn't like it.