The Cadets 2019

8 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

A pop in GE, with still so much to clean, could be encouraging.

I haven't seen it in a while, but yeah I dislike the BOTW tag, have since I first heard it on camp videos. It got somewhat clearer through good performance, but I still didn't like it.

It’s one of those things that people on the design team become too loyal too and keep trying to fix or adjust it. Easiest fix is a big snip imo 

• Like 1

I am glad there was a jump in their score last night.  It appears they have been stagnant.  I must admit this is not one of my favorite Cadet shows.  I am not a fan of the queen running the field. 

Good jump in the effect captions for the Cadets .  We will get a better feel for where all of this is headed tonight and Sunday.

Anyone hear about an accident a night or two ago? I saw a picture of a Ryder Truck with the roof pretty much torn off the front.  What I am hearing is that the 12 foot truck tried to get under a 10 foot bridge. As you would guess, it was pretty severely damaged.

No one hurt but from the picture, I would say that the truck is going nowhere. I imagine a rental was called into duty for the last few weeks.

I am not sure what the truck was used for? Props?

• Sad 1

Heading to Nightbeat tomorrow to see everyone. Been forever since I've been to this show, since back in the Charlotte days.

I usually go to see Cadets rehearse tomorrow, but seems like they're cutting practice an hour or so sooner than usual -- so not sure I'll make it.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Eleran said:

EDIT:  Sorry it didn't post correctly.  I've been mostly outside of cell service today.  

What I tried to post was that the person I had referred to above as being brought into Cadets was not Mr. Sylvester, of whom I have not heard anything.

Anyone know who it is the Cadets "brought in"?  Who wrote the new ending?

2 minutes ago, fifer said:

Anyone know who it is the Cadets "brought in"?  Who wrote the new ending?

Oh yes. I had to go back to the source. Turns out my buddy does not know Sylvester from Sylvester the cat. Now I hear the redo was done by the same guy who used to write Cadets 2 . I did not get a name so do not take my info as gospel. It is what my friend told me.  Good Luck Cadets. The next two nights are going to be big.

4 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Oh yes. I had to go back to the source. Turns out my buddy does not know Sylvester from Sylvester the cat. Now I hear the redo was done by the same guy who used to write Cadets 2 . I did not get a name so do not take my info as gospel. It is what my friend told me.  Good Luck Cadets. The next two nights are going to be big.

I am Amazed & Stunned that you still have the cajones to post on this thread 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I am Amazed & Stunned that you still have the cajones to post on this thread 

Not all source info is correct. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Good jump in the effect captions for the Cadets .  We will get a better feel for where all of this is headed tonight and Sunday.

Anyone hear about an accident a night or two ago? I saw a picture of a Ryder Truck with the roof pretty much torn off the front.  What I am hearing is that the 12 foot truck tried to get under a 10 foot bridge. As you would guess, it was pretty severely damaged.

No one hurt but from the picture, I would say that the truck is going nowhere. I imagine a rental was called into duty for the last few weeks.

I am not sure what the truck was used for? Props?

Bridge arches and sound equipment.  No injuries...... truck replaced.  Nothing to see here.....

1 hour ago, chris ncsu said:

Heading to Nightbeat tomorrow to see everyone. Been forever since I've been to this show, since back in the Charlotte days.

I usually go to see Cadets rehearse tomorrow, but seems like they're cutting practice an hour or so sooner than usual -- so not sure I'll make it.

Difficult fact of DCI..... earlier gate times means less rehearsal time.