The Cadets 2019

6 hours ago, fifer said:

Anyone know who it is the Cadets "brought in"?  Who wrote the new ending?

That would be Jon Bilby. Cadet alum, drill writer, from the UK I think. He wrote C2's drill in '18, and he rewrote Cadets' closer this year.

EDIT: I think he also writes for Passaic High School in NJ

Edited by Foef_Yet_Flalf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, supersop said:

Difficult fact of DCI..... earlier gate times means less rehearsal time. 

Indeed. Though I'm not sure they're on any earlier than previous Nightbeats; guess they're leaving themselves some extra time this year.

5 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Indeed. Though I'm not sure they're on any earlier than previous Nightbeats; guess they're leaving themselves some extra time this year.

they posted an arrival pic relatively early - not sure if the advance team had arrived or the whole corps

after some tonal issues in SAT perhaps they are giving the brass an extra long warm up this go round? Complete guess on my part. Something I would do lol

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

they posted an arrival pic relatively early - not sure if the advance team had arrived or the whole corps

after some tonal issues in SAT perhaps they are giving the brass an extra long warm up this go round? Complete guess on my part. Something I would do lol

George I think they were talking about Nightbeat, not this show in Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

George I think they were talking about Nightbeat, not this show in Atlanta.

I was just guess based on the brass issues in San Antonio 

33 minutes ago, FTNK said:

When do they take off the hats?

Brass members seem to be struggling to achieve, visually and musically

at the end of the opener - first few moments of part 2 - as they reject the queen

brass feet aren't clean - a lot of running around and some bad drill... and I personally don't think the writing is helping matters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

at the end of the opener - first few moments of part 2 - as they reject the queen

brass feet aren't clean - a lot of running around and some bad drill... and I personally don't think the writing is helping matters

Why in the world use them for only 1 production.

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It’s one of those things that people on the design team become too loyal too and keep trying to fix or adjust it. Easiest fix is a big snip imo 

Kinda like the ending at Allentown in 08 being cut 

• Like 2

Watched about 2 hours of ensemble rehearsal today. They repped their way through the closer as you'd expect, and otherwise spent most of the remaining time on Estancia. It sounded like they felt the Atlanta show went fairly well. As always, looking for consistent confidence as well as the little details of body movement. Techs engaged all over the field, as they should. Members seem engaged and, well, Cadets.  

Have some issues with a wheel that likes to come off a prop. Also having some issues getting the folks on the props in time for the ending seconds. 

• Like 1