The Cadets 2019

13 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Cadets guard design was really cool and added a lot to the show in 2005, but then they just... decided not to do that anymore

They were a great part of Angels and Demons, but maybe not at the level of sophistication of The Zone.  

16 minutes ago, FTNK said:

That 2010 show came from the vis staff and was totally clusterf’d by GH 

and then said staff left

That visual program was the bomb 

genius drill 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:08 PM, Guitar1974 said:
26 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

For several kids, 2019 Cadets was their favorite show, but many more of them preferred the Seattle Cascades and Jersey Surf.

You stated your feelings about the show in a great way.  This show is difficult to reach many people.  In fact, it may be one of my least favorite Cadets shows of all time.  I do hope the Cadets have a show next year that reaches the crowd and future recruits.

• Like 2

The many poor shows in the last several years have put potential members off. I commented in 2017 that the opinions of many younger recent drum corps age outs and current members was "Oh, Cadets used to be good." I was attacked relentlessly but you can't deny that they don't get the majority of kids excited

It goes to show how much impact a poor show design truly has on a corps. It doesn't just hurt the corps this year. They are going to have to make some massive changes next year in the staff or else they are going to be feeling the sting for years. 

It really hurts because last year was such a positive step. I would never have guessed that this year would have turned out like this. I had questions about certain staff positions but thought they would improve, not digress. 

As a brass player, I'm disappointed in the staff's ability to make these performers better and clean the music. I'm not even a staff member of a corps and things I've heard a month ago are still there and still not fixed. I just do not get it. 

Hopefully they can do what they can to bring an elite staff to this corps or else I fear they'll be at the bottom half of finals yet again next year.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, Tommeee said:

Little Geoffrey went to BD?  I hadn’t heard that before, but that’s definitely a good piece of trivia!

On 7/31/2019 at 5:07 PM, George Dixon said:

And Cadets won 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:11 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I love when that happens. 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:35 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I saw it happen a few times when I was marching.  That was even better. :laughing:

Reminds me of this dude I marched with in 1999 who went to BD in 2000....then we won (well, tied). 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Reminds me of this dude I marched with in 1999 who went to BD in 2000....then we won (well, tied). 

I don't think I knew about the BD one, but I specifically remember marching with a mello player in 99 that went to SCV in 2000. 

I can't speak for either, but I kind of understand their decision a little after how rough '99 was. I know I would have been kicking myself had I done the same. 

For those of us that remained loyal, it certainly paid off. I don't even mean by winning: that show was so much fun to perform and the attitude of the corps and the summer in general was about as different as they get.

Also goes to show how much of a difference show design can have on a group of performers and their mental state. I truly feel for this year's corps.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

I don't think I knew about the BD one, but I specifically remember marching with a mello player in 99 that went to SCV in 2000. 

I can't speak for either, but I kind of understand their decision a little after how rough '99 was. I know I would have been kicking myself had I done the same. 

For those of us that remained loyal, it certainly paid off. I don't even mean by winning: that show was so much fun to perform and the attitude of the corps and the summer in general was about as different as they get.

Also goes to show how much of a difference show design can have on a group of performers and their mental state. I truly feel for this year's corps.

Actually, you're right. It was SCV. And I have no idea who you are and that we even marched together. 

giphy.gif