The Cadets 2019

54 minutes ago, dans said:

Good luck to the Cadets today! Although this season has been extremely disappointing, I congratulate the members for sticking with it and never giving up.

well said!

GO CADETS!!

• Like 3

Good Luck Cadets !!! I know you will make us proud !!!!:dancin::angel1:  :sumo: 

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 12:32 PM, George Dixon said:

my reaction to the interview was the exact opposite 

it sounded like people quite invested in their "vision" and clueless about how horrific the "vision" is

honestly I think the interviewer was punking them 

I agree with this.  And I don't think it even reflects what the Announcement of the show told us.

Remember:

“Behold is, by definition, a command for respect and is often used to introduce something remarkable or impressive. The design team wanted to honor the remarkable story of resilience, strength, unity, and healing for The Cadets and for all women in our activity and our country, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of women in The Cadets in 2019,” said Darcie Aungst, Program Coordinator. “I was intrigued by women in history who lead entire nations as far back as Ancient Egypt and Rome; often pondering the question, what happened? Why in 2019 is it a struggle? This show explores that history and those questions. Behold tells a tale of female strength and leadership, the ugliness of jealousy, discrimination, and power when it is held over others. The show points triumphantly to images and sounds of true equality and opportunity for everyone regardless of gender, race, orientation, identity, or ethnicity. Shattering the glass ceiling opens opportunities for everyone who has been told they are ‘less than’ and leaves our world a better place for future generations. Behold the power of unity, of equality, and of The Cadets!”

Not sure that was achieved either.  It does seem that the designers were not clear on what they were doing.  Or, they cannot communicated it in written or verbal manner.

Or am I just confused.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dans said:

You are correct Sir. I attended DCI East and the Cadets were much improved. Very proud of that performance from the members!

disappointing? Maybe on your POV. I doubt the kids feel disappointed unless placement is a huge focus of their day. Plus the competition around them gets better and deeper every day.

The kids did the best they could to date, and have 3 more runs to do it better. After all, Do Better is half the show ( feels like it anyway)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I would also add that you walk a very fine line when you are trying to convey a message that requires the recipient to evaluate herself and change their ways. Not saying it’s not possible to win doing that but it is a very thin margin.

Point well taken- sometimes maybe one makes a conscious decision to send a message that might not be an easy one and not worry about final placements. Need to go to work, can elaborate later. 

Scouts show may be a bit old school for some people, but I loved it.  IMO they have been underscored all season.  

Oops ... wrong thread;.

Edited by bluesman
wrong thread
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

disappointing? Maybe on your POV. I doubt the kids feel disappointed unless placement is a huge focus of their day. Plus the competition around them gets better and deeper every day.

The kids did the best they could to date, and have 3 more runs to do it better. After all, Do Better is half the show ( feels like it anyway)

I think they do