The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Point well taken- sometimes maybe one makes a conscious decision to send a message that might not be an easy one and not worry about final placements. Need to go to work, can elaborate later. 

I get that, but I also remind myself that this activity exists for the kids who pay to be in the corps, not for the corps.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Given the spreads, it looks like a lock for 9th place.   

Whatever changes Cadets might make in the off-season, they're going to have to be monumental.

Yup it appears that Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Cadets and Mandarins are all locks unless tomorrow night something drastically changes 

36 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Given the spreads, it looks like a lock for 9th place.   

Whatever changes Cadets might make in the off-season, they're going to have to be monumental.

And they have the percussion section to thank for it. 6th place in drums vs 13th place for Mandarins accounted for 1.1 of the 1.25 point spread.

8 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

And they have the percussion section to thank for it. 6th place in drums vs 13th place for Mandarins accounted for 1.1 of the 1.25 point spread.

6th in percussion THIS YEAR is a huge accomplishment!!  They are true performers.  One the most entertaining to watch and listen to.  Thank you, Cadets battery and front ensemble!!!

Edited by Tommeee
Forgot a word
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I get that, but I also remind myself that this activity exists for the kids who pay to be in the corps, not for the corps.

Also very true. There's been some discussion that the members sign up really not knowing what the program will be and a lot of trust is involved. I think if one goes for a message, that the membership would need to be aware early on so they can decide if they wish to buy in on it or not. 5k is a lot of money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Also very true. There's been some discussion that the members sign up really not knowing what the program will be and a lot of trust is involved. I think if one goes for a message, that the membership would need to be aware early on so they can decide if they wish to buy in on it or not. 5k is a lot of money.

5K?  wow that is a lot of money..I agree wholeheartedly that the mm's should at least be aware of what they're getting into..when I marched dues were like 50 bucks a month...there were also dinosaurs still walking the earth!!

• Haha 1