The Cadets 2019

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It starts with fielding a fun, edgy show that people talk about regardless of where you place. Right now, I would think Mandarins are a corps you might choose if you wanted to be assured of making finals, and not be competing with college kids who are largely aging out. They have made a place for themselves by fielding cool, fun, and yes dark shows that improve all season long, 

stay tuned

• Like 1

8 hours ago, One n Done said:

At the time of the first audition camp there is little that can be shared about a show.  The group will definitely have a new drill designer and possibly other new design staff.  It may take a little time to hire these people.  Even if this weren’t the case, there is very little that can be set in stone by November.  A lot of listening and talk of concept has to take place, and then there’s the fun of securing rights to arrange music.  February is more realistic for any sort of program “reveal” to potential members.  First drafts of a movement or two may be in members hands by December or January.

The best assurance any corps can provide to potential members is the design and instructional staff they secure.  For the Cadets, I imagine there will be change here.  Hopefully, careful, smart change.

not to mention a new corps director

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Algernon said:

not to mention a new corps director

It’s not a monarchy there anymore.  Decisions aren’t made by the director alone.  Not when it comes to money, staff, designers, etc...In addition, the current director is very hands off about the design process when compared with his predecessor.  Something many here had been begging and pleading for the past several years.

It’s been nothing but transition since ‘16, going back to the departure of Gino and Collin.  Stability is as much in need right now as are a new drill writer and program coordinator.   Despite all the group has been through, they are but 4 placements worse across a span of 4 years.  And just 2 placements since the GH scandal and subsequent tenure of the current director.  Change in the director position at this time would probably be one of the worst decisions they could make.  

Be patient, there will be is no easy button that will land the corps in medal contention next year, or the year after that.  The top 6 are sooo good right now.  Just cracking that nut will likely take 2-3 years, IF good choices are made and a little good fortune shines on the corps for a change.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I heard someone say they saw a guy with a shirt that read “I miss George”. Maybe it was about George Dixon. 

Well I do have a large fan club 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It's going to be a strange thing not having The Cadets at the Master's of DCI show in Murfreesboro.  Hopefully they'll return in 2021!  

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, One n Done said:

It’s not a monarchy there anymore.  Decisions aren’t made by the director alone.  Not when it comes to money, staff, designers, etc...In addition, the current director is very hands off about the design process when compared with his predecessor.  Something many here had been begging and pleading for the past several years.

It’s been nothing but transition since ‘16, going back to the departure of Gino and Collin.  Stability is as much in need right now as are a new drill writer and program coordinator.   Despite all the group has been through, they are but 4 placements worse across a span of 4 years.  And just 2 placements since the GH scandal and subsequent tenure of the current director.  Change in the director position at this time would probably be one of the worst decisions they could make.  

Be patient, there will be is no easy button that will land the corps in medal contention next year, or the year after that.  The top 6 are sooo good right now.  Just cracking that nut will likely take 2-3 years, IF good choices are made and a little good fortune shines on the corps for a change.

the current director is gone tomorrow....

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Well I do have a large fan club 

I really hope that the "I miss George" shirt refers to Mr. Dixon.  The alternative is unthinkable.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Algernon said:

the current director is gone tomorrow....

It must be nice to be able to provide such useful information, but yet provide so few details regarding where your information is coming from.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1