The Cadets 2019

5 hours ago, Algernon said:

the current director is gone tomorrow....

well....not so much. but thanks for trying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Go Cadets! Have a great run tonight!

(photo credit to facebook.com/Cadets/) Josh Clements corps photographer

67765935_10157637558931349_1367465106841

Have a great Finals' night, Cadets!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Algernon said:

the current director is gone tomorrow....

Ummm...  no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Ummm...  no.

if he is, he did a lot of work recently for nothing LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

George D., I didn't mean the "cracked" thing as a diss- I have been here since 2005 and you have always been (sometimes overly) optimistic about the corps, and it's telling that even you are fed up with the direction.

Sorry for the bluntness of the question, but was Darcie Aungst hired out of pure nepotism? I also realize that it may have been difficult to get other designers because of YEA's reportedly dire financial situation.

I hope the members have a great last show that they can look back on with pride. I'm sure a good number have already moved on in their minds - some to Boston, Crown, Bluecoats......

28 minutes ago, FTNK said:

George D., I didn't mean the "cracked" thing as a diss- I have been here since 2005 and you have always been (sometimes overly) optimistic about the corps, and it's telling that even you are fed up with the direction.

Sorry for the bluntness of the question, but was Darcie Aungst hired out of pure nepotism? I also realize that it may have been difficult to get other designers because of YEA's reportedly dire financial situation.

I hope the members have a great last show that they can look back on with pride. I'm sure a good number have already moved on in their minds - some to Boston, Crown, Bluecoats......

It's no worry. I was always trying to be positive - but I do have my concerns about the recent decision making by the team (not the BOD) and I hope there is an appropriate response. I'm ready to start donating at a much higher level but not until I believe in the grownups in charge.

YEA appears to be funding Cadets at a totally competitive level - so while they've stated they have tried to cut costs while improving revenue I do NOT believe hiring decisions have been based on purely a financial level. Don't know Darcie - she seems lovely. But clearly this hasn't gone well. 

My greater concern is not "mistakes made" but rather the response since mistakes were made. They have really stuck to far too much that hasn't been working. I don't get it. Some easy edits would improve the program. Why hasn't this happened? That is concerning.

There's a number of other things which have occurred along the way - if you want to hear more that would have to be via PM. 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It's no worry. I was always trying to be positive - but I do have my concerns about the recent decision making by the team (not the BOD) and I hope there is an appropriate response. I'm ready to start donating at a much higher level but not until I believe in the grownups in charge.

YEA appears to be funding Cadets at a totally competitive level - so while they've stated they have tried to cut costs while improving revenue I do NOT believe hiring decisions have been based on purely a financial level. Don't know Darcie - she seems lovely. But clearly this hasn't gone well. 

My greater concern is not "mistakes made" but rather the response since mistakes were made. They have really stuck to far too much that hasn't been working. I don't get it. Some easy edits would improve the program. Why hasn't this happened? That is concerning.

There's a number of other things which have occurred along the way - if you want to hear more that would have to be via PM. 

Unfortunately the Do Better section of the show took up so much of the show that replacing it meant finding two minutes of new content —which frankly should have happened in spring training. Once you have move ins, it’s too late to rewrite the entire middle section of your show.

• Like 2