The Cadets 2019

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Unfortunately the Do Better section of the show took up so much of the show that replacing it meant finding two minutes of new content —which frankly should have happened in spring training. Once you have move ins, it’s too late to rewrite the entire middle section of your show.

removing the electronics and adding brass drill would have taken 3 days... anyway - moot point at this stage

• Like 2

sometimes things look great on paper. as we've seen in the recent past, try to change too much, it blows up in your face. Don't change enough, it blows up in your face.

this will be a slow and steady wins the race scenario.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

sometimes things look great on paper. as we've seen in the recent past, try to change too much, it blows up in your face. Don't change enough, it blows up in your face.

this will be a slow and steady wins the race scenario.

based on your posts I'm not sure you're fully aware of some of the issues - they changed far too little but frankly a normal situation would have fixed some of this during ST

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It's no worry. I was always trying to be positive - but I do have my concerns about the recent decision making by the team (not the BOD) and I hope there is an appropriate response. I'm ready to start donating at a much higher level but not until I believe in the grownups in charge.

YEA appears to be funding Cadets at a totally competitive level - so while they've stated they have tried to cut costs while improving revenue I do NOT believe hiring decisions have been based on purely a financial level. Don't know Darcie - she seems lovely. But clearly this hasn't gone well. 

My greater concern is not "mistakes made" but rather the response since mistakes were made. They have really stuck to far too much that hasn't been working. I don't get it. Some easy edits would improve the program. Why hasn't this happened? That is concerning.

There's a number of other things which have occurred along the way - if you want to hear more that would have to be via PM. 

George, you seem to fancy yourself as quite the insider at the Cadets.  As I’ve never met you, I highly doubt the “insights” you hint at and dangle here.

The group is only funding at a “totally competitive level” if the goal was to simply assure a finals appearance.  A comparison of IRS 990’s for the top 6 vs. the Cadets would show, in almost every case, a rather large gap.  Money matters.  Especially now with the top 12 as proficient and competitive as we’ve seen.

If competitive success is a precursor to supporting the corps, you will likely be found wanting for the very near future.  The corps is pulling itself from a hole not of the making of its current employees.  This takes time.  I will continue to sponsor and donate because it was NEVER about winning.  Winning was simply a byproduct of helping produce great people and great Cadets.  This, they still do quite well.

28 minutes ago, One n Done said:

George, you seem to fancy yourself as quite the insider at the Cadets.  As I’ve never met you, I highly doubt the “insights” you hint at and dangle here.

The group is only funding at a “totally competitive level” if the goal was to simply assure a finals appearance.  A comparison of IRS 990’s for the top 6 vs. the Cadets would show, in almost every case, a rather large gap.  Money matters.  Especially now with the top 12 as proficient and competitive as we’ve seen.

If competitive success is a precursor to supporting the corps, you will likely be found wanting for the very near future.  The corps is pulling itself from a hole not of the making of its current employees.  This takes time.  I will continue to sponsor and donate because it was NEVER about winning.  Winning was simply a byproduct of helping produce great people and great Cadets.  This, they still do quite well.

Can you share your opinion and spare the insults?

Actually I frequently state I am NOT an "insider" - are you? You post anonymously so who knows. You seem to have thin-skin so that suggests you are

I've heard a lot of things directly from members and parents over the last month that concern me greatly - and they have zero to do with competitive success

And since you present yourself as clearly an "insider" perhaps be a bit more polite to your fans and donors... JMO

I doubt anyone in the current leadership team has met me - I've been a fan since the 80s and volunteered several seasons. Since then just a donor, I don't hang around practices and I've never visited a camp. My career is a busy one.

The "funding" level is a direct quote from your BOD ED on his video "update" - the 990s are not available yet publicly

I'm not really sure how to respond to the rest of your bully post - so that's all I got. Best wishes for those members!

Edited by George Dixon

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Can you share your opinion and spare the insults?

I've heard a lot of things directly from members and parents over the last month that concern me greatly - and they have zero to do with competitive success

And since you clearly ARE the "insider" perhaps be a bit more polite to your fans and donors... JMO

The "funding" level is a direct quote from your BOD ED - the 990s are not available yet. BTW

Apologies for any offense.  I get a little displeased at the negative commentary from fellow fans who talk the talk without walking the walk.  Especially when placements are down.  The only ones truly in the know are those getting a check from YEA or wearing the uniform.  

I’m no insider or representative of the drum corps.  Just someone with an objective view, despite having a keen interest in the corps.  You too seem to be a committed fan.  But, your frustrations aired here, in the manner you have, will do little good.  In fact, they may do just the opposite.  I hope you share your concerns directly with the group’s administration.  Might be good for the both of you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One n Done said:

Apologies for any offense.  I get a little displeased at the negative commentary from fellow fans who talk the talk without walking the walk.  Especially when placements are down.  The only ones truly in the know are those getting a check from YEA or wearing the uniform.  

I’m no insider or representative of the drum corps.  Just someone with an objective view, despite having a keen interest in the corps.  You too seem to be a committed fan.  But, your frustrations aired here, in the manner you have, will do little good.  In fact, they may do just the opposite.  I hope you share your concerns directly with the group’s administration.  Might be good for the both of you.

I have in the past. I will again at some point. 

• Like 1

I was hoping the Cadets would break 90 tonight, but the show design just didn't allow them the opportunity.