The Cadets 2019

13 minutes ago, Eleran said:

As you Cadets have your banquet this morning, then fond and tearful farewells this afternoon, enjoy every second of THIS day without worrying about what happened yesterday or what will happen tomorrow.  Savor all the emotions, and fix them in your memories.  You'll be grateful for them later in life.

Then go safely back to your regular lives, and work as hard at everything else as you worked at being a Cadet.  Thank you for 2019!

well said! Enjoy the morning event and remaining time together - safe travels home and thank you all so much for all the hard work on the 85th edition of THE CADETS!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Oh really? I thought change always came overnight. Thanks Captain Obvious lol 

I also know what sources to trust and what sources like to create drama because they didn't place where they think they should have just walking on the field.

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I also know what sources to trust and what sources like to create drama because they didn't place where they think they should have just walking on the field.

Heading in the wrong direction is what it is 

Just now, George Dixon said:

oh there's issues. There's going to be issues on multiple levels. There is NO instant fix for most of them. and most of the ones with instant fixes won't affect the on field product. The on field started slipping at the end of 15, and took 4 years to get here. The off field stuff has had issues for who knows how long. it'll take time to right both ships.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 6:41 PM, MikeRapp said:

It starts with fielding a fun, edgy show that people talk about regardless of where you place. Right now, I would think Mandarins are a corps you might choose if you wanted to be assured of making finals, and not be competing with college kids who are largely aging out. They have made a place for themselves by fielding cool, fun, and yes dark shows that improve all season long, 

Good point! I think fans are excited that Mandarins have worked hard and fairly fought their way into the top 12, but there definitely IS an undercurrent of the show being very likeable.

Edited by BigW

On 8/11/2019 at 2:16 PM, George Dixon said:

I've thought about this hard, George. Right now, maybe underpinning the moral end of things still takes precedence over the placement. I'm certain the creative team realizes things weren't as good as desired, and know what to do for next season. The people I know well don't have the 'how dare they don't understand what awesome thing we created and appreciate it and give us phat numberz.' attitude like some I know in the activity have. They'll figure out the solutions and come up with a much better product, not try and cram the same mistakes down everyone's throats and try and make it stick.

Edited by BigW