The Cadets 2019

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Or ‘70’s..(looking up...whistling ..)

or 1989... especially if one was British... and looked good in a masquerade mask

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, frachel said:

Only to be overpowered by a single finger on a synthesizer :-(

Nah - Cadets have turned the boom boom fuzz way down. I wonder what changed? ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Or ‘70’s..(looking up...whistling ..)

It was not an uncommon occurrence, any of those decades.

One year with my local-circuit junior corps, we had at least a couple of people who were, shall we say, just a tad eligible to march in a senior corps. :tongue:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

It was not an uncommon occurrence, any of those decades.

One year with my local-circuit junior corps, we had at least a couple of people who were, shall we say, just a tad eligible to march in a senior corps. :tongue:

In my Garfield days, 70-72, we were very young. We used to watch some corps and make comments about members coming to shows with their wives and kids.  😎 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, MikeD said:

In my Garfield days, 70-72, we were very young. We used to watch some corps and make comments about members coming to shows with their wives and kids.  😎 

True story.... 1975, I met a guy who told me he had marched with such-and-such junior corps the year before (the corps shall remain nameless...LOL)... and then he introduced me to his wife and kids, and the children were not newborns or toddlers!!!! :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

as long as no grand kids at the rehearsals they could get away with it

I remember in the 80s some of the members I swear marched like 15 years - I'd see them in 75/76 and then in 88 still marching - they really started young!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

True story.... 1975, I had a conversation with a guy about our drum corps involvement.... he told me he had marched with such-and-such junior corps the year before (the corps shall remain nameless...LOL)... and then he introduced me to his wife and kids, and the children were not newborns or toddlers!!!! :tongue:

I could easily name upwards of 2 dozen marchers, in Corps up and down the East Coast, that marched in Junior Corps overage... lol. Names and all. if we think marching overage in Junior Corps prior to the formation of DCI was confined just to East Coast Corps, think again. It was present out in the Midwest,( Canada for certain ) as well. My guess, the notion that no Corps were knowingly ( or Corps Directors didn't want to know ) marching overage marchers in the West Coast Corps BITD would be pretty naive for out there too as well... lol!

In the Senior Corps ranks, the Veteran Organizations used to have a policy in the post WW2 period, that marchers in Senior Corps had to be Male, over 21, and Veterans. While most Sr. Corps were indeed Male,  over 21, and Veterans, most Corps marched non Veterans, and many would utilize a few under age 21 marchers as well in their ranks BITD in these national competitions.  For example, I know a former marcher.( known him for years) that marched in a Junior Corps at age 20, then when his season finished in August, he went and marched in a Senior Corps snare line that competed a month later in September at the AL Legion Nationals Championships... in his case, he was a double dipper, ie underage, AND a non Veteran... haha!

Edited by BRASSO