The Cadets 2019

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know people that marched that long legally.

Yup but unless these dudes could grow full beards at age 9 I’m pretty sure they marched into at least their mid 20s 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yup but unless these dudes could grow full beards at age 9 I’m pretty sure they marched into at least their mid 20s 

I remember growing my beard at 17 to look older in DCA.... there, you WANTED to look older in that era. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So... back on track. Any updates for how the January camp went? Anxious alum wants answers!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BrassFan17 said:

So... back on track. Any updates for how the January camp went? Anxious alum wants answers!

About 120 brass. Still looking for great players. Even more contracts given out.

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

About 120 brass. Still looking for great players. Even more contracts given out.

Hmm?!?  This sounds like 1986 given the size of that hornline, the 3 previously announced DMs, and leaving 30 for percussion.  Yup, about right. :p

Unless they are going to re-do the ending of the Door where guardsters costumed as on field judges...now today's version while the real judges can't on-field, he, he.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

This is a really good sign for the future of the Cadets. They have really stepped up their recruiting efforts. Cadets have never recruited large numbers like they are currently enjoying!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

3 hours ago, dans said:

This is a really good sign for the future of the Cadets. They have really stepped up their recruiting efforts. Cadets have never recruited large numbers like they are currently enjoying!

When I initially read @njthundrrd's post, I thought it said 120 PEOPLE. 120 brass is a pretty good showing. I hope they're QUALITY brass though. Still, @dans is right. They usually have a hard time with brass, primarily quality brass. 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:26 PM, MikeD said:

No, they are too heavy. But trumpets on the other hand....

Trumpet-Vine-in-Winter.jpg

Ha.... took me a second.  🙂 

10 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

how do you squeeze a 120 person brass line into an 72-80 person brass line?

with a "what a manuuuver" - aka - very carefully :)

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 6:07 PM, Fran Haring said:

It was not an uncommon occurrence, any of those decades.

One year with my local-circuit junior corps, we had at least a couple of people who were, shall we say, just a tad eligible to march in a senior corps. :tongue:

wow looking through videos I found this REALLY old dude that was marching in 1986 SCV - crazy no one noticed

• Haha 2