The Cadets 2019

35 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Some people seem to be forgetting Cadets lost its director due to what he has done to women. A show given by Cadets that primarily provides a tribute to women seems only fitting. I don't see a problem with it. 

I applaud a show honoring women! For heaven sakes, I have a mother, sisters, a wife, a daughter, and on and on. I love women! As long as the show honors women and their contributions to our society, I'm good. My concern, based on some specific verbage in the show description, is that they could easily stray into some highly-charged social issues. Anyhow, I will wait until I see the final product. I do believe the corps will be much improved. We will see how the design comes together in a short amount of time! 

Edited by dans

21 minutes ago, dans said:

I applaud a show honoring women! For heaven sakes, I have a mother, sisters, a wife, a daughter, and on and on. I love women! As long as the show honors women and their contributions to our society, I'm good. My concern, based on some specific verbage in the show description, is that they could easily stray into some highly-charged social issues. Anyhow, I will wait until I see the final product. I do believe the corps will be much improved. We will see how the design comes together in a short amount of time! 

Well, if they do stray into those issues, so be it. However, I don't think it will. Personally, I think it's about time to make people uncomfortable given what's going on in the world today. A little discomfort can go a long way to making things better. And since a lot of adults don't seem to understand or want to do anything about what's going on in the world today, maybe this needs to be the venue to do it. 

I'm just here to enjoy the show. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, if they do stray into those issues, so be it. However, I don't think it will. Personally, I think it's about time to make people uncomfortable given what's going on in the world today. A little discomfort can go a long way to making things better. And since a lot of adults don't seem to understand or want to do anything about what's going on in the world today, maybe this needs to be the venue to do it. 

I'm just here to enjoy the show. 

This makes me think of something that Sully said in one of those old vignettes that they used to have with the PBS broadcast.  It's not exactly the same context, and I'm paraphrasing, but he said something about how you should latch onto those different/uncomfortable moments in a show, because those are the best ones.  

There is a piece of me that respects any corps that isn't afraid to try things.  I might not always LIKE the things they try, but it's better than being safe and boring.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

This makes me think of something that Sully said in one of those old vignettes that they used to have with the PBS broadcast.  It's not exactly the same context, and I'm paraphrasing, but he said something about how you should latch onto those different/uncomfortable moments in a show, because those are the best ones.  

There is a piece of me that respects any corps that isn't afraid to try things.  I might not always LIKE the things they try, but it's better than being safe and boring.

That's EXACTLY to what I was eluding. 

19 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I worry people are going to be more upset by what they're wearing than what their show is about. 😳 I personally don't care if they wear clown costumes

Hmmm, I heard the uniforms were gonna be pretty nice. 

The more we read some of these comments the more I’m delighted the cadets are going down this path 

brass and drums sound so good and I hope they are very highly discussed and paid attention to all summer 

as they rebuild the caption strength I’m delighted they will stir up some dust and be remembered 

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I for one am looking forward to seeing the Cadets this summer.  They have been through a trauma in the past 16 months or so, and this show theme seems appropriate to me.  I am sure they'll be great,

Agree, surviving ( and hopefully thriving ) after all you've been through, Cadets.. Go get 'em and have a great season.

I'll be rooting you on, (EAST!!)

Is there a cheese board for the whiners?

• Haha 1