The Cadets 2019

On 5/29/2019 at 12:50 PM, George Dixon said:

That show was killed by those "mid season" additions - Man, if they would have restaged that ballad front and center and toned down a couple things it could have become a classic

Also bells went on for like 15 minutes - there was that other slight design flaw 😞

Artists know when to stop.  Thankfully they're back in charge of the design. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dans said:

Regardless of placement, they will have a cool show that most will like!

This is a win for sure. I really enjoyed last season's show. Looking forward to see what they created with a full off season of preparation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I seriously don’t care about placement anymore.   

Same here.

When I marched, I did. LOL. But as a fan.... not anymore.

• Like 4

So I spent some time at Cadets yesterday. I was there almost a week ago and WOW have they gotten better in a short amount of time. Like wow. The brass is so much stronger this year - and with a much more difficult book. I think people are going to be surprised. Can’t wait to see the rest of the show on the move. 

PS - the closer? Straight up drum corps. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

So I spent some time at Cadets yesterday. I was there almost a week ago and WOW have they gotten better in a short amount of time. Like wow. The brass is so much stronger this year - and with a much more difficult book. I think people are going to be surprised. Can’t wait to see the rest of the show on the move. 

PS - the closer? Straight up drum corps. 

woo hoo! 

some drum corps gold - ballad from Cadets 2007 "Celebration" - guard with the double time work during the ballad = brilliance

• Like 3

Standing in front of the Cadets brass arc yesterday gave me chills...have not been able to feel that from them for too long! The corps certainly has work to do; however, when they sound good, they sound really good.

• Like 4

For those of you who are reluctant to express how you feel about their having a successful season, STOP IT! Let's not be afraid to take a chance on this corps. Other corps' fans are not reluctant to express how they feel about THEIR corps. IF you feel a certain way, say it with CONFIDENCE. If you're wrong, so be it. You're not losing anything. I am hoping they come out this season ready to kick some serious you know what. Looking forward to seeing them this season.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2