The Cadets 2019

8 minutes ago, East9900 said:

I'm pretty sure they did. One of the reasons as that I'm a Red Sox fan and I was wondering to myself why they were all wearing Red Sox hats (not that I was objecting haha). 

I would say it's somewhere along the lines as to why the drumline all wears the same shorts. This year the tenors are all wearing Braves hats. 

Side note: My son's t-ball team this year was the Yankees. They also get their end of season trophies at a game for one of the Yankees' farm teams. I guess my old age is starting to show because if I were younger I would have acted as his agent and requested a trade haha.

Well I just looked back at pictures at our rehearsals (at least in 1999 and 2000), and they did not wear those hats then. 

Just now, East9900 said:

My mistake, I thought they had. 

Besides, I know as a Yankees fan and being from NYC, if they HAD wore them in rehearsal, I would have walked off the field in protest lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Besides, I know as a Yankees fan and being from NYC, if they HAD wore them in rehearsal, I would have walked off the field in protest lol...

I found a photo from 2012 where the snare line is wearing the Red Sox hats. Also found several years with the tenors wearing Braves hats. Not sure what changed or why, but it looks like it's been a thing at least since then.

Edited by East9900

1 minute ago, East9900 said:

I found a photo from 2012 where the snare line is wearing the Red Sox hats. Also found several years with the tenors wearing Braves hats. Not sure what changed or why, but it looks like it's been a thing at least since then.

They better put on some #### yankees hats lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You'd better not be at the Metlife show. I will be wearing an LED Yankee hat! 

Be lucky I won't be at the Metlife show, or you'd be leaving with a broken LED hat. 😉

And hopefully I'd be lucky enough to get a head start running away!

Edited by East9900
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Hell I know someone that passed on marching in 84 cause they didn’t want to cut their hair