The Cadets 2019

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

forgive me for saying this, but that's not a huge hurdle to overcome. past props weren't exactly Bluecoats the last few years

the props for this year are Bluecoats worthy IMO

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, oldsnare said:

B for Bergen County

There was an article about the battery and their caps, and that question was asked. One year they wore BC on their caps (Bergen County). I'm sure someone that marched in the battery can clear this up.

23 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

yeah last years Crown props were a swing and a miss - Cadets props last year added zero, but at least they were small yet ineffective. Massive and ineffective is so annoying

To be fair, those props were created under a different show idea, so who knows how good/bad they would have worked under the original intention that they were created. 

That being said, I thought they did okay with them. I did like the moment where the brass were spinning on them while playing- was a pretty neat effect. 

This year- totally different and sounds like the props are going to be awesome.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

the props for this year are Bluecoats worthy IMO

i'm glad. because in the past....not so much

• Like 1

CDL DRIVER NEEDED ASAP!
(please share on your FB pages)

The Cadets are in need of a CDL driver immediately for the 2019 season.

This is a competitively paid position and a great experience with a world class organization.

Please email JPCastro@yea.org or call 954-773-4188.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

yeah last years Crown props were a swing and a miss - Cadets props last year added zero, but at least they were small yet ineffective. Massive and ineffective is so annoying

I may be the minority opinion, but I liked Crown’s beast rocker (the bones didn’t add much) and Cadets’ spinners... understated and created a cool audio/visual effect. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

forgive me for saying this, but that's not a huge hurdle to overcome. past props weren't exactly Bluecoats the last few years

I’m so glad you said it first.  I was thinking..the bar is so low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m so glad you said it first.  I was thinking..the bar is so low. 

Yep, Cadets props have been laughable for the most part, especially given how Bluecoats and SCV have upped the ante so much.

I am not surprised that prop quality/utilization will be vastly improved as that is a strong point of Dartmouth's indoor shows and the people responsible for those pretty much designed Cadets show.  Expect something more modern and accessible.

BTW, looks like BAC has some prop surprises for us as well given the peg boards they showed.  So much interesting stuff you could do with that.

• Like 3