The Cadets 2019

Just now, Tommeee said:

Remember back in the day in the 90’s, The Cadets would come out at the beginning of the year and be a MESS?  I’d rather have a bunch of dirt with a good show design to START the year, like the design we have right now.  This show is going to seriously surprise some folks, no doubt!

That doesn't work in modern day DCI though.  Watch recent shows and compare the initial show to the finals show.  Almost all of them have very minor changes bc the arrangers, visual designers, etc.....don't do as many edits and are not with the corps everyday like back in the day.

They just add the last minute of the sow midway through the season.

48 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

That doesn't work in modern day DCI though.  Watch recent shows and compare the initial show to the finals show.  Almost all of them have very minor changes bc the arrangers, visual designers, etc.....don't do as many edits and are not with the corps everyday like back in the day.

They just add the last minute of the sow midway through the season.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I wasn’t there tonight, but...  this show is absolutely NOTHING like ANY version of Carolina Crown.  And if anyone thinks this corps has no hint of past Cadet tradition, they are sorely mistaken.  Prepared?  I don’t know exactly what that means.  But I dare say “not prepared at all” is a gross misrepresentation.

Didn't you just say you weren't there?  Then you go on to comment as if you were there.  Let's see where it all stands after the first week of competition.  I can't speak for Carolina Crown because I haven't seen anything of Crown but Cadets have a good product on the field.  Dirty yes, prepared yes, can they clean it, yes.  This is a much more experienced design team this year and they will not spend the summer playing catch up.  OK, sorry Tommeee.  I misread your post.  I'm in my protect the Cadets flaming mode :)

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts
  • Like 3

People talk about the show being dirty as if no other corps is having this issue. Of course they are dirty and there were mistakes. Let's not forget the small sample size. Perhaps they had an off night. I'm definitely not ready to say this corps is going to struggle this year. 

If there's anything we know about The Cadets, it's that the work ethic is still strong and alive. And now they finally have a vehicle can compete. The last few years- no corps would have won with those shows. Finally they have what appears to be a very united idea and they can clean it instead of continually rewriting and playing catch up.

The Championship isn't tomorrow or next week. If this show is dirty and they are still within reach of the upper corps, they better be on notice.

Edited by East9900

55 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Didn't you just say you weren't there?  Then you go on to comment as if you were there.  Let's see where it all stands after the first week of competition.  I can't speak for Carolina Crown because I haven't seen anything of Crown but Cadets have a good product on the field.  Dirty yes, prepared yes, can they clean it, yes.  This is a much more experienced design team this year and they will not spend the summer playing catch up.  OK, sorry Tommeee.  I misread your post.  I'm in my protect the Cadets flaming mode 🙂

Irving

Fan of the Arts

No worries, we are on the same team, wanting to see this corps succeed!

I must admit, I was a bit frustrated last night, when someone posted less-than-favorable, second-hand information about the community performance.  Yet that brief commentary COMPLETELY ignored the biggest positives about the show and the organization this year.  

What you said is 100% correct.  Cadets will focus on CLEANING this year, much moreso than rethinking the questionable design choices they had in the past.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, East9900 said:

People talk about the show being dirty as if no other corps is having this issue.  

That's why the beginning of the season scores are in the 60's and low 70's for all corps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

No worries, we are on the same team, wanting to see this corps succeed!

I must admit, I was a bit frustrated last night, when someone posted less-than-favorable, second-hand information about the community performance.  Yet that brief commentary COMPLETELY ignored the biggest positives about the show and the organization this year.  

What you said is 100% correct.  Cadets will focus on CLEANING this year, much moreso than rethinking the questionable design choices they had in the past.

Again my apologies.  I'm on tour with Cadets starting in Allentown to the end.  I agree with you on Cadets can focus on cleaning this year instead of questionable design.  While on tour I do a daily blog that gives the Cadet fans some incite to what's going on.  I try to keep it real without telling you something Scott Litzenburg would announce.  I'm very excited about the summer.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2