The Cadets 2019

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. However I would give it two weeks. Let's see whether they quickly improve thing slip. Hopefully calm and smart heads will prepare - it's a bit too soon to put the white flag up the pole. Just a bit.

Thanks for your thoughts George. I'm just disappointed by the apparent lack of preparation. I thought the Cadets were going to be in better shape.

2 minutes ago, dans said:

Thanks for your thoughts George. I'm just disappointed by the apparent lack of preparation. I thought the Cadets were going to be in better shape.

I believe it snowballed on them -

Here's some warm up from last night I found on YouTube

This corps just doesn't do subtlety very well, huh? What was up with that scene with the woman? Disturbing 

• Like 5

I was just waiting for this moment over the last several months, as I  read so many of you repeating over and over "it will be so much better this season, with a design team free to do their thing without GH interfering".   It's always easy to live in a fairy tale world where removing the evil villain makes everything wonderful again.  The reality, however, is that designs win or lose seasons, and it's simply tough to come up with all aspects of a winning show.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Having someone is better than going into the meat of spring training with no one.   

HOW is it possible that the Cadets thread is up to 169 pages, and today is the first time it was mentioned that Bobby Jones departed two weeks into spring training?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Having someone is better than going into the meat of spring training with no one.   

more to the story - PM me if you want to know

9 hours ago, rancidrolla said:

If they removed what I mentioned above and still chanted "we can do better" it would still be clear what they're talking about. 

Sexual violence in a drum corps show is pretty tasteless, which makes me think they missed the mark.

Sexual Violence anywhere is pretty tasteless!! Maybe during that time in the Cadets show it will be a good time to get up and walk out. 

I can see myself going to the concession stand if the Cadets want to continue down this path of sexually violent innuendos!

• Like 1

Let's look at some positive facts.

The Cadets have almost 2 points on the Blue Stars, who have been a surging corps the past few years and scored one place below the Cadets last year.

The Cavaliers haven't taken the field yet.

I expect them to be above the Cadets- but we just don't know yet.

Therefore their most serious threats for dropping down are the Mandarins and BK...both unlikely candidates to beat the Cadets.

I know... everyone wants the championship quality Cadets back...but it will take a few years.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1