The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I thought Boston was ten points better than the Cadets...

As for the suggestion by a few people here that Cadets having a more “ubiquitous” theme I agree - but we have another far left director and I’m just glad we weren’t as obnoxiously lectured as Cadets did from time to time under GH

Yes the drill is a major issue - they barely have one. IMO the do better needs redone immediately in terms of staging the battery, the second tune needs more drill and less scatter, the ballad needs restated and the organ section of the ballad needs to be cut entirely - way too BD wannabe for my taste

Yes the guard is young and way behind - however that will improve a lot of the next two weeks 

music is where they have a shot of finishing ahead of last year 

visually this corps could end up in 10th/11th place

I’m expecting a 8th or 9th place finish at this juncture unless they make rapid and smart changes and improvements - that will make recruitment an even tougher challenge 

hoping for a miracle frankly - I’m shocked by the poor decision making especially the decision to bring back Bobby Jones and then part ways. It’s like hiring a terrible cook and expecting four star cuisine 

George,  Boston was not 10 points better than the Cadets (you're exaggerating) 

Scott in my opinion is not "Far Left". He's caring, Open minded and considers and respects other peoples views, cultures and opinions. ( Do you really know Scott?)

Your last comment, I'm going to leave that one alone because you're way behind son.

That was 1 of 30 shows there's 29 more shows to go and 510 hours of practice coming!

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Ah the Blue Stars alumn who wants them beating Cadets has a sudden moral issue with an element of Cadets program.

No conflict of interest there! Lol 😂 

If people are judging morals on corps they marched then we have failed as a society.   I mean clearly many people had a problem with it since others have voiced it and the Cadets will get feedback from judges. I'm sure this leadership will do everything to adjust accordingly  Do I want Stars to beat Cadets? Hell yeah. Doesn't mean I don't want cadets to be kick ### too because I'm always a fan of drum corps. If they both move up that will also make me a happy camper ( just with Stars on top 😉). 

• Thanks 1

And BTW - where was all this outrage about on-field depictions of violence against women when Boston was tying them up and burning them at the stake two years ago?  At least for Cadets, the point is about coming back from that violence later in the show, as opposed to making the violence the culmination of the show.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

A good design team admits mistakes by fixing them.

I seriously doubt that the stuff that happens during "Just" will be left alone. They are too smart to not listen and change it. 

As for Jones, hopefully they can get someone in and fix the drill. It is clearly a weak point. I find it hard to believe they can't get a good drill writer to write for The Cadets.

Hopefully next season, they realize they need to up the drill big time and do whatever it takes to get someone (Please come back Saktig!)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

George,  Boston was not 10 points better than the Cadets (you're exaggerating) 

Scott in my opinion is not "Far Left". He's caring, Open minded and considers and respects other peoples views, cultures and opinions. ( Do you really know Scott?)

Your last comment, I'm going to leave that one alone because you're way behind son.

That was 1 of 30 shows there's 29 more shows to go and 510 hours of practice coming!

I do not know Scott. Basing his politics on his social media. I'm sure he's a nice guy - I don't care about people's politics at all. But I was not surprised when the political correct theme was announced lol

Yes ten points was "dramatic hyperbole" - I would have put them 5-6 points behind. I believe the judges gave them the benefit of the doubt

Booby - I was shocked he was hired and doubly shocked he was brought back twice. 

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

And BTW - where was all this outrage about on-field depictions of violence against women when Boston was tying them up and burning them at the stake two years ago?  At least for Cadets, the point is about coming back from that violence later in the show, as opposed to making the violence the culmination of the show.

Actually, there was. A friend I attended a show with was very disturbed by the perceived treatment of women in that Boston production. She didn't even want to see it again in the theater during finals week. Whatever the intent, Cadets' staff in particular should have know better than to include anything that could remotely be considered similar to what the organization has actually dealt with. Every other connotation aside, when your corps has been in the national news for a female harassment issue that is finally starting to fade a bit, why on earth put something in your creative production that brings that topic back up again? One of many head scratching decisions in the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

If people are judging morals on corps they marched then we have failed as a society.   

I was just making a point. We all have our perspectives on things. The "offended" card is played way too much IMO

18 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Let's look at some positive facts.

The Cadets have almost 2 points on the Blue Stars, who have been a surging corps the past few years and scored one place below the Cadets last year.

The Cavaliers haven't taken the field yet.

I expect them to be above the Cadets- but we just don't know yet.

Therefore their most serious threats for dropping down are the Mandarins and BK...both unlikely candidates to beat the Cadets.

I know... everyone wants the championship quality Cadets back...but it will take a few years.

It's overreaction day - let us overreact lol. No logic right now please. You're offending my emotional wild swings...

• Like 1

IT IS SILLY SEASON ON DRUM CORPS PLANET! I open this thread and it 2006 again. All you folks sitting in front of your laptops spewing crap. Chill TFO! It's June 21st, By August 10th the shows you see today will be different and better. Enjoy Drum Corps while we still have it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Eleran said:

And BTW - where was all this outrage about on-field depictions of violence against women when Boston was tying them up and burning them at the stake two years ago?

It's ok to stab people, spear them, cut off their heads, and burn them to death, as long as you don't use a gun or imply anything sexual.  

• Like 3