1:00 PM Lunch

2:00 PM Block 2

5:00 PM Dinner

6:00 PM Block 3 

9:45 PM Final Run 

10:00 PM End rehearsal

10:30 PM Snack

11:30 PM Sleep

The Cadets would benefit from a solid week of similar scheduling. Unfortunately, with their current placement they go on early at most shows and on some days they only have 3 to 4 hours of rehearsal. I believe the next couple weeks are going to be critical to the future of this corps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dans said:

The Cadets would benefit from a solid week of similar scheduling. Unfortunately, with their current placement they go on early at most shows and on some days they only have 3 to 4 hours of rehearsal. I believe the next couple weeks are going to be critical to the future of this corps.

I had more concerns for the Cadets last year in the early going. I think this show is far better than people feel it is. It is rough and dirty and not finished, but I believe this is going to be a really good show come mid July, and maybe an amazing show come August. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I had more concerns for the Cadets last year in the early going. I think this show is far better than people feel it is. It is rough and dirty and not finished, but I believe this is going to be a really good show come mid July, and maybe an amazing show come August. 

My concerns are based on the fact that it is hard to clean when you're doing rewrites and learning new things.

Just now, dans said:

My concerns are based on the fact that it is hard to clean when you're doing rewrites and learning new things.

No doubt losing the drill writer after only a few weeks of camp does not help. Maybe in the long run this will be for the best. In the future this the sort of thing they need to work to resolve. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

No doubt losing the drill writer after only a few weeks of camp does not help. Maybe in the long run this will be for the best. In the future this the sort of thing they need to work to resolve. 

Letting the drill writer go was not a mistake. The mistake was bringing him back for another season. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to the drill writer...it was clearly not working. Thanks for you thoughts Mr. Willis. You are one of the voices of reason on this site!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wallace said:

I’m not going to fuss about the show design. It needs work. We will be in the 7-9 range this year. Hopefully, we’ll be seventh. I don’t want to hear the excuse of lack of talent. There’s plenty of talent on that field. I’m surprised that after the black unis from 2015 we’re using such a dark color palette again. It makes the good foot and leg technique look muddled.

With the way the Mandarins and and Blue Stars have come out, 7th seems somewhat unlikely. Especially since we don't know where Blue Knights are going to fit in yet. 

If we go by Hostrauser, 1-6 is pretty much a lock among BD, BAC, SCV, Crown, Bloo, and Cavies. Cadets undoubtedly seem to have more member talent than Mandarins and Blue Stars but the vehicles they have seem to be much stronger. Going to be a race to see how much of an advantage member talent vs show design will be this season

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

With the way the Mandarins and and Blue Stars have come out, 7th seems somewhat unlikely. Especially since we don't know where Blue Knights are going to fit in yet. 

If we go by Hostrauser, 1-6 is pretty much a lock among BD, BAC, SCV, Crown, Bloo, and Cavies. Cadets undoubtedly seem to have more member talent in their drums and hornaline than Mandarins and Blue Stars but the vehicles they have seem to be much stronger. Going to be a race to see how much of an advantage member talent vs show design will be this season

I doubt Cadets have more talent in their guard than Blue Stars and probably Mandarins (with their Diamante connection (3rd in IW at WGI).  Guard plays such a significant part to a corps' success but so many people over look it!  Cappybara - i fixed your comment for you 🙂

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Today's schedule -  yea.org/cadets/schedule

6/24/19

Monday, June 24, 2019 Rehearsal Day Hamilton OH

Mount Healthy Sr. High School, 8101 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45231

8:30 AM Wakeup Breakfast

9:30 AM Stretch Basics

10:00 AM Block 1

1:00 PM Lunch

2:00 PM Block 2

5:00 PM Dinner

6:00 PM Block 3 

9:45 PM Final Run 

10:00 PM End rehearsal

10:30 PM Snack

11:30 PM Sleep

Mt. Healthy.  Down the hill.  Boston was there last year.  West side. 

Mt. Healthy is named so because the residents survived the cholera epidemic of 1850. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1