The Cadets 2019

23 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

So sing me a little of the Crossmen's show. Sing me some Blue Stars,  or Some Colts.  Perhaps if I was rephrasing I would suggest music be played with a melody.

And as far as what you say Jeff, each of those pieces was played by a corps, the Cadets, who were the year prior, in the top 3 or so. Music selection can be risque when you have a boatload of talent. But, when you are trying to impress, I wonder if there are other options. 

Frankly, I found the show in Muncie this evening difficult to watch. I want to like the corps but they make it so hard! I will say, I liked the Blue Stars more in the theater. Perhaps my computer did not do them justice?

I hope to be more excited tomorrow evening.

i found Blue Stars to be my least favorite of the night. I didn't know a lot of what the other corps played and liked them all.

9 hours ago, exitmusic said:

George likes to imply that he’s some kind of Cadets insider but whoever feeds him information is almost always wrong. Or he’s just guessing. Here and on reddit. It’s kind of funny. 

i just message Scott if I need to.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, PamahoNow said:

I'd love to see the Cadets do a show that does not have a message.  Just good old fun.

Yup. More shows like 2013 and 2015 please

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

>Implying that 2015 didn't have a message when they said it seemingly everywhere.

Now, why they felt the need to convey the message "TEN" we'll never know.

"10" isn't a message, its a concept. Not a very fascinating one, but one nonetheless.

• Like 1

A quality video of a recent performance is up.

The show has improved A LOT since opening night. All of the changes made are improvements.

I still can't help but feel it's "lipstick on a pig" (the show the show the show! Not at all this wonderfully talented corps). The pacing and overall outline of the show is still fairly bizarre and unclear, and, to me, the feeling still bleeds through that this skilled group of performers was given a poorly-designed and amateur program to clean all season while the staff works hard on the fly to turn it into something worthy of the performers. And again, I know this is the design team's legit first year together and that the organization as a whole is still picking up the pieces, and that's what's most important. I have every confidence Cadets will be back in the top half of Finals soon enough. Just an odd juxtaposition still with such a skilled corps and such a weak design.

I do want to say again that the corps is GOOD this year. Guard is fierce & impressive, brass has some moments that scream of Cadets of days past. They sound and look terrific!! 

• Like 5