The Cadets 2019

"We can do better..better"

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Wonder if corps consider situations like the photo when designing their props.

Yup it’s a combination of ADA requirements and the stats of the indoor sites- what fits into and onto the field of LOS etc 

Edited by George Dixon

Not that other corps don’t have it, too, but a brutal week or so happening for Cadets—as usual, more show days than rehearsal days, hooking around to Denver then down to SanAn. Stay healthy and rested, Cadets, and keep reaching!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Not that other corps don’t have it, too, but a brutal week or so happening for Cadets—as usual, more show days than rehearsal days, hooking around to Denver then down to SanAn. Stay healthy and rested, Cadets, and keep reaching!

agreed. Cadets in a lot more shows this year - others (Crown, Boston, BD, SCV to name a few) in many fewer

Cadets are also "fighting" earlier performance times - which shortens the rehearsal day further

With smart scheduling and smart changes to the program they have a shot at a strong finish. This and further strengthening of their organization back in A-town will allow a more level playing field moving forward

DCI should consider a minimum show # for world class - it's getting a little ridiculous with certain corps

Last night I saw the video from the Cadets' home show.  I was stunned.  I mean, I've been following the numbers, so I knew the judged reaction, but I was not prepared.  I saw it live in Detroit and then again in Cincinnati.  I was impressed with the improvement, but from Cincinnati to the home show is just incredible.  This is a wonderful drum corps!  

I may just have homer colored glasses, but I am convinced that with a change to the drill for the last minute, this is a top 6 drum corps.  The beginning is so much clearer (and cleaner).  The music on the last minute calls for more velocity.  They are indeed trucking, but it doesn't read that way because if how it's written.  I know a minute is a lot of drill, but if they can create that velocity with contrary motion, this is a fantastic show.  Crown's ending is a great example of that.  BD also has many good examples of creating velocity without running and gunning (not to deny the actual real gunning they are doing).  

Anyway, I hope they can do that, because this is clearly a special corps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

agreed. Cadets in a lot more shows this year - others (Crown, Boston, BD, SCV to name a few) in many fewer

Cadets are also "fighting" earlier performance times - which shortens the rehearsal day further

With smart scheduling and smart changes to the program they have a shot at a strong finish. This and further strengthening of their organization back in A-town will allow a more level playing field moving forward

DCI should consider a minimum show # for world class - it's getting a little ridiculous with certain corps

Who is in charge of number of performances?  I know that Blue Devils generally have more rehearsal days scheduled than other corps.  Can corps choose to tell DCI that they only want to perform a certain amount of shows each week?