The Cadets 2019

14 hours ago, Eleran said:

However, doesn't that also mean that after they perform they can get on the road hours earlier to their next venue?  So conceivably they would arrive and get floor time much earlier in the night/morning than higher-performing corps, and if that is the case, those corps should be able to take advantage of that fact by waking at dawn and beginning rehearsals earlier than higher-performing corps, who sometimes don't really start work until 9 am because they only rolled into town around 5 or 6 am.

All I know is when Cadets were top three they had EPL at like 5 and now it’s at 3. Anyone who’s ever toured knows the massive difference this makes. 

The other change is Cadets were often the corps of choice to be housed AT the show site. That gives the corps another couple hours to spare - often getting to rehearse until 4:30-5:30 or so... Huge advantage BITD.

Yesterday for example SCV was at the show site - 5 years ago that would have been Cadets. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

How far did they have to drive to the shows during those years?

I just added - a lot to times they were at the show site. What an advantage.

Yesterday - SCV was at the show site. 

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I just added - a lot to times they were at the show site. What an advantage.

Yesterday - SCV was at the show site. 

Yes, I'd forgotten.  The corps that signed up for our show were constantly lobbying for the show-site school.  Although Blue Stars came year after year and requested (and got) the same school every time.  When I inquired:  "We know what we're getting."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, I'd forgotten.  The corps that signed up for our show were constantly lobbying for the show-site school.  Although Blue Stars came year after year and requested (and got) the same school every time.  When I inquired:  "We know what we're getting."

knowing the venues is important logistically

• Like 1

Tonight Cadets face Mandarins for the first time this season - will be an interesting for the judges to gauge the Crossmen/Mandarins/Cadets gaps 

Can Cadets top 80? 

Lineup & Times / recent score
All times CT and subject to change

7:30 PM    Welcome & National Anthem
7:45 PM    Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA (51.60)
8:02 PM    Crossmen - San Antonio, TX (76.65)
8:19 PM    Mandarins - Sacramento, CA (75.5)
8:36 PM    The Cadets - Allentown, PA (79.0)
9:00 PM    Scores Announced

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

And just to bring it back specifically to Cadets: 

• this is Day 2 of 3 in the same housing venue
  • their housing venue is the show venue tonight
  • they are performing last tonight

So no excuses.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, East9900 said:

Watched their show last night which was only my second viewing of this show (first was premiere). 

Much improved! The drumline is incredible. I'm not a drum guy but I cannot help but watch them.

Hornline- much better. Still some really dirty stuff but I think they will get there.

Now for the show: Beginning is better. As for the story, I still don't get it. First- why is this even happening to the queen. She doesn't seem like a bad queen and just seems like her scepter is  being taken away because the peasants are revolting. For what reason?? And she gets completely lost with in the middle and have no idea why she's doing what she's doing.

I'm REALLY bummed they toned down the hit during Bridge Over Troubled Waters. I get the purpose of adding the dynamics, but I want to be hit in the face and it feels like they let off the gas and ruins the moment for me. 

"Do Better" section feels like old school GH. Stop it with the voice. We get it- "we must do better". Zero reason to bash us over the head with it. Let the drums and the pit do their thing.

Closer still needs work (no shocker there), but if they can clear up the story and add a few real moments (so far nothing makes me want to stand up) I think they could make top 6. At this moment they are placing exactly where they should.

Most royalty, this queen included, think that peasants are revolting.

I have a new car that has pull-up screens for the back seat windows.  "Peasant Screens".  Peasants are a thing these days.  Queens aren't.  This is why it's happening in this show, today.

2 minutes ago, Eleran said:

So no excuses.

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Eleran said:

So no excuses.

Exactly!! Hoping that score starts with an 8!

Will be interested if they debut some changes/additions tonight...

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3