The Cadets 2019

1 hour ago, craiga said:

With all due respect, even suggesting that going from 12th to 6th in one season is merely, well anything,  is disingenuous at  best and does a huge disservice to the members and staff of the 2017 Boston Crusaders.  The fact is that due to travel times and VERY early performance times that year (in many cases being the first WC corps on in some shows) BAC had very short rehearsal windows on tour. As a matter of fact there were at least a half dozen days on tour where the corps had to deal with only a 2 or 3 hour ensemble before it was time to ESL.

I don't think anyone is discounting the members of the Boston Crusaders. I mean merely to say that all things being equal, a finalist corps can move up into the middle tier with a great staff. The 2017 BAC proved that.

See also the 2002 Magic of Orlando, who went from not existing in 2001 to 10th place in World Class by hiring an A-list staff, many of whom teach the Boston Crusaders today.

The activity is design-driven to a fault, IMO. Those short days matter less with a great design and a great staff, until you start getting to the top tier, when those short days matter quite a lot.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, exitmusic said:

The Cadets used to thrive on rehearsing the most, simply because we had middle-of-the-road talent compared to BD. Now that we've fallen down a tier or two, we have to find a way to deal with less rehearsal and still excel. We aren't doing that yet. I hope we can get it turned around.

On the contrary, I would argue that they are doing a FANTASTIC job of dealing with less rehearsal time, AND excelling.

I hate that it sounds like an excuse, but the situation with the former drill writer is BY FAR the biggest reason why they are currently placing where they are.  It’s not an excuse, as much as it is a FACT.

Theyre doing a great job!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, craiga said:

For the record, I personally have been very supportive of Cadets this season in particular.  While I don't speak for BAC in any official capacity, I can tell you that the prevailing feeling there is that the Cadets are a time-honored drum corps who deserve a great amount of respect and remain an integral part of DCI. I would hope that most Cadets supporters would return that sentiment. If nothing else, Boston has certainly proven its ability to persevere  through adversity and perhaps be an inspiration to others.

Good Luck, Cadets!

Good luck, BAC

Said the Cadet alum who has loved the Boston Crusaders since I first saw them in 1968 (esp 1969 with the orchestra bells and the amazing swing "Conquest" opener).

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tommeee said:

On the contrary, I would argue that they are doing a FANTASTIC job of dealing with less rehearsal time, AND excelling.

I hate that it sounds like an excuse, but the situation with the former drill writer is BY FAR the biggest reason why they are currently placing where they are.  It’s not an excuse, as much as it is a FACT.

Theyre doing a great job!  

BITD when the Cadets did this, there were at best 3.4 corps in the mix every year. Now there's more. 

I know we were hoping they would break 80 last night, but I'm not too concerned. There was a pretty significant gap between 1st and 2nd last night and I'm sure that may have played a factor in the result. Also if they are adding new changes they could look worse for a while before the benefits of the changes truly show. 

For anyone that saw the show last night.. were any changes implemented?

1 hour ago, East9900 said:

I know we were hoping they would break 80 last night, but I'm not too concerned. There was a pretty significant gap between 1st and 2nd last night and I'm sure that may have played a factor in the result. Also if they are adding new changes they could look worse for a while before the benefits of the changes truly show. 

For anyone that saw the show last night.. were any changes implemented?

I wouldn’t read much into last night with the partial panel. The captions scored did ok with visual being the opt 

Edited by George Dixon