The Cadets 2019

48 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Actually, that panel may have been representative in Iowa.  Cadets lost the percussion advantage but, not having a guard and vis perf person was of assistance in generating a mark. Tonight is a good one on one with the Crossmen , and look out for the Blue Knights tomorrow ( home field advantage) 

A two point increase is not on the horizon. Getting judges to push over the whole numbers is tough. (16.0, 17.0 and 18.0) I would guess they will sit in the high 79's until the effect guys go to the 16.1.

If you are Shocked with the results tonight will that make you Shocked, Amazed&Stunned? just curious. :peek:

• Haha 2

Well why don't I offer my opinion based on nothing, too!

It's been 5 days since they first posted a 79. They were a fairly steady 5 points behind SCV and had season-long been 5-6 points behind Bluecoats -- SCV posted an 85.6 on Wednesday night, ergo I see no reason not to expect at least an 80.5 to 81 from Cadets tonight.

😁

On 7/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, ShortAndFast said:

Cadets need to bring in someone who can modernize their visual design.

Look at SCV. A number of people have posted on the SCV thread how they liked Pete Weber's drill better than Gaines. And I agree - Weber's shows were elegant and musical in a way that the last couple of years have not been. But nobody in SCV-land denies that Gaines is writing what can win in DCI in 2019.

Count me in as one who loves Pete Weber drill. I like Gaines, too. They are different. I feel like Gaines is more geometrical (and disciple of the Steve Brubaker Cavaliers style) and Pete is more flex, curve, linear type drill (a la George Zingali). What Gaines brings to SCV is perhaps slightly better integration of guard, props, and staging. But that is debatable. 

If Jeff came back to the Cadets I would be cool with that, but if he stays with Crown I am good with that, too. I think Cadets need a top-notch program coordinator who hires the visual drill writer he/she thinks works best for the show they will develop. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

It's been 5 days since they first posted a 79. They were a fairly steady 5 points behind SCV and had season-long been 5-6 points behind Bluecoats -- SCV posted an 85.6 on Wednesday night, ergo I see no reason not to expect at least an 80.5 to 81 from Cadets tonight.

I'll put a 100 on that happening.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Well why don't I offer my opinion based on nothing, too!

😁

And they got rid of some stinky drill and replaced it. I’m thinking an 81 and change or up 

9 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Count me in as one who loves Pete Weber drill. I like Gaines, too. They are different. I feel like Gaines is more geometrical (and disciple of the Steve Brubaker Cavaliers style) and Pete is more flex, curve, linear type drill (a la George Zingali). What Gaines brings to SCV is perhaps slightly better integration of guard, props, and staging. But that is debatable. 

If Jeff came back to the Cadets I would be cool with that, but if he stays with Crown I am good with that, too. I think Cadets need a top-notch program coordinator who hires the visual drill writer he/she thinks works best for the show they will develop. 

I’m fine with anything greater than the drill situation the past 3 seasons. Lol 

i want them to have the best of the best but heck - a Kevin Ford type drill with some more staging would make me happy 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'll put a 100 on that happening.

I would do the same. That is a given. 

Interesting to see how things are being progressed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

We heard it here first! The anonymous expert has spoken lol

🤣

Never root against these Cadets!

Funny George .... you seem to not like folks who are not clear as to their identity. Some of us would rather not be known ... there is nothing wrong with that. There are lots of people on here who have a screen name. So what? 

That said, when I was lurking and reading, I saw a good bit of back and forth with folks on the board questioning YOUR identity. And I see you are not seeing the Cadets anywhere? All year? Why? 

Allentown? Chester? 

• Like 1

Man there are some really interesting characters coming out of the woodwork lately 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1