The Cadets 2019

I still don't think this show is the atrocity that some believe it is (which is why I'm still willing to judge the show by what's on the field in Indy, not right now), but I too felt like I was sold too much spin.

But in any case, the kind of communication I was talking about was plans between now and finals. We heard references to some changes, but not exactly what or when. Even something basic like changes X Y Z are going to be fielded tonight, and A B C some time between San An and Atlanta.  Stuff like that. Any insights would be nice, but it's still their call how they want to publicize the process.

1 minute ago, chris ncsu said:

I still don't think this show is the atrocity that some believe it is (which is why I'm still willing to judge the show by what's on the field in Indy, not right now), but I too felt like I was sold too much spin.

But in any case, the kind of communication I was talking about was plans between now and finals. We heard references to some changes, but not exactly what or when. Even something basic like changes X Y Z are going to be fielded tonight, and A B C some time between San An and Atlanta.  Stuff like that. Any insights would be nice, but it's still their call how they want to publicize the process.

I think the point you and I were making is somewhere between the "sausage making process" that GH constantly shared and "complete winter/summer black out" is a sweet spot. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Well, I DID try to warn you back in March ...

Never said you did not. But I wanted to be optimistic until I saw for myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Never said you did not. But I wanted to be optimistic until I saw for myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

there's not - never apologize for being a supportive alum 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I’m not going so far as to say the lack of communication is ALARMING.  But I do think it is disappointing.

I think they are consumed with other matters and lawyers right now

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to understanding theme productions. If it takes the artistic director more than a few minutes to articulate what the show is about, then there is the likelihood that it will be a colossal failure. I’m waiting for a WOW moment in this Cadet production to appear. Hope it comes soon! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to understanding theme productions. If it takes the artistic director more than a few minutes to articulate what the show is about, then there is the likelihood that it will be a colossal failure. I’m waiting for a WOW moment in this Cadet production to appear. Hope it comes soon! 

To be fair, they've met that qualification, and I think most corps' shows do. They all have an elevator pitch, I'm sure. There's just the matter of if you care for the idea, and if they're achieving it at all.

1 minute ago, chris ncsu said:

To be fair, they've met that qualification, and I think most corps' shows do. They all have an elevator pitch, I'm sure. There's just the matter of if you care for the idea, and if they're achieving it at all.

I’ve got a few minutes. Please explain the idea of this production because I’m not getting it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I would be curious about what you guys and gals who are closer to Cadets would say are the problems. It seems to me that Cadets have had a steady drop in experience for the past three years now, which may have been exacerbated by C2 being viewed as a feeder corps. There are probably more destination corps than at any time in DCI history right now, and with new corps moving up to WC it may have created a perfect storm for Cadets.

In retrospect it was probably the wrong time to bring in an untested show coordinator. Even someone with a decade of experience would be tested by all of the pressure points.

more C2 members went to other places than to Cadets.

1 hour ago, chris ncsu said:

No offense, but everyones show reveals are the BIGGEST AND BESTEST!......and then usually aren't. Cadets just announced a lot later than usual.