The Cadets 2019

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

It’s a men’s Victorian hat with a feather just like the feathers crown, bd etc gave used

would I pick it? No- but geez some of you folks are just way too critical of everything 

I’m not trying to be.

The problem for me is that there are too many elements on the hat.  The big plumage.  The eagle.   Maybe a smaller feather and ditch the eagle.  The hat in itself is okay.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I like the hats 

I hated the tarps lol 

The 2014 Tarps and the droopy Capitol banner in backfield were a gift-wrapped invitation to hand Silver to the Coats on the only night that counted....cringe-worthy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daave said:

C'mon, nobody else isn't thinking the same thing?  I mean, the joke wrote itself..........

They can do better.  😂

They should wear the hats through to the drum feature, then after the "do better" chant, the entire corps stops cold, and in silence takes the hats off, looks at them incredulously, then tosses them to the sideline. Resume show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Couple of design thoughts, because I know you all love that from me

The Larsen piece and its arrengement are a bad choice. It doesn’t really go anywhere and when the corps is just standing in lines, it’s not a captivating opening. 

[Pacing and getting to the first GE moments too slowly is a perennial Cadets Achilles’ hell. See 2006, 2016, 2017. This year for example, Vanguard grabs you by the throat and never lets go, Bluecoats’ setup soundscape gets you into the Beatles zone (number nine...number nine) before they literally press play on, you know, The Beatles ] 

The taking down the Queen and Do better sections makes me cringe for one specific reason: 17-year-olds stomping and kicking around in pajamas and/or band uniforms, trying to look intimidating, always comes across as silly, like a high school production of “Where the Wind Things Are.” Adding tenors or a euphonium doesn’t help. One of the reasons I don’t like 2011 Cadets or Crown 2018 or PR 08 either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

I haven't seen a video since the premiere so I can't really tell why they're stalling score wise 😕

The show is just not going anywhere (IMO) maybe others think differently, they are very fortunate they have a kick a## percussion line or they would be even lower score wise. The kids just need to perform the crap out of the show and hopefully they finish the year strong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daave said:

C'mon, nobody else isn't thinking the same thing?  I mean, the joke wrote itself..........

They can do better.  😂

Snarky and unhelpful 

5 hours ago, hughesmr said:

They should wear the hats through to the drum feature, then after the "do better" chant, the entire corps stops cold, and in silence takes the hats off, looks at them incredulously, then tosses them to the sideline. Resume show.

Stick to your day job, comedy and or show design is not going to pay the bills

6 hours ago, brichtimp said:

The 2014 Tarps and the droopy Capitol banner in backfield were a gift-wrapped invitation to hand Silver to the Coats on the only night that counted....cringe-worthy.

The only night that counts is finals? I disagree enthusiastically