The Cadets 2019

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

Got it - I'm guessing you heard the 2005 stuff he's using with BK this year. 

of course - though they would have to bring in a brass caption guy and team as well to get him IMO

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

24.950 (last night) is better than 19.45 (Detroit).  Yes they are getting better in visual.  Just not as fast as the others are getting better.  Look to their success and progress over the season.  To get better faster, takes talent (MM), Design, and Instruction.  I'm guessing the talent is there.  Look to the other two.

Perhaps Cadets & Madison could trade staffs

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

“Behold is, by definition, a command for respect and is often used to introduce something remarkable or impressive. The design team wanted to honor the remarkable story of resilience, strength, unity, and healing for The Cadets and for all women in our activity and our country, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of women in The Cadets in 2019,” said Darcie Aungst, Program Coordinator. “I was intrigued by women in history who lead entire nations as far back as Ancient Egypt and Rome; often pondering the question, what happened? Why in 2019 is it a struggle? This show explores that history and those questions. Behold tells a tale of female strength and leadership, the ugliness of jealousy, discrimination, and power when it is held over others. The show points triumphantly to images and sounds of true equality and opportunity for everyone regardless of gender, race, orientation, identity, or ethnicity. Shattering the glass ceiling opens opportunities for everyone who has been told they are ‘less than’ and leaves our world a better place for future generations. Behold the power of unity, of equality, and of The Cadets!”

The problem seems to be unless you know all the background no one has any idea what this show is about. Way too complicated for a drum corps show and the average fan. People sitting next to me asked "what the heck was this about???" Not good.

• Like 2

From what I've heard from members, the design staff fully cried in front of the entire corps during a corps meeting. That to me is very disappointing, when they don't have the balls to stand behind their own decisions.

Edited by Foef_Yet_Flalf
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

The problem seems to be unless you know all the background no one has any idea what this show is about. Way too complicated for a drum corps show and the average fan. People sitting next to me asked "what the heck was this about???" Not good.

Even if you know the background, the show fails to achieve any of those aims.

If the show can't be summed up in one clean concise concept statement, it's probably too unfocused for its own good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

From what I've heard from members, the design staff fully cried in front of the entire corps during a corps meeting. That to me is very disappointing, when they don't have the balls to stand behind their own decisions.

LSTTV

If this is true then it's time to start looking for new staff for 2020. God I feel so bad for these talented kids. Hope they hang on  for 2020.

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Perhaps Cadets & Madison could trade staffs

They both need to try something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PamahoNow said:

They both need to try something.

Sometimes going the unproven path can reap unexpected rewards, Can't keep hoping for people who left to return. Time to move on and give some  new talent a chance to shine and earn a reputation. How much worse can it be really.