Just now, Algernon said:

George also said they would be in good hands with this design team

You need to stop

i didn’t say that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

Sounding less and less like a Cadets fan Mr Dixon...

Hardly. Fans are allowed to be frustrated and George has been that several times over the years. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, George Dixon said:

Cadets have two days at UMS 

time to make a big change imo

my pick would be pulling the tag bee bop ending off BOTW and end it majestically - that 30 seconds are the worst in the show 

Just push the brass into a big wedge or block toward the audience 

This is an excellent point that often gets lost on some designers. It's called musical taste. The music must be arranged to good taste, regardless of the show's theme or message. Take a look at Carolina this year. That show probably didn't end up having the visual impact or GE they were hoping for. Understandable. This is a tough art and sometimes what is on paper just doesn't pan out. We all get that. But most fans can still listen to Carolina's music book (brass and percussion). Why? Solid musical taste, great use of development of theme and climax. It's just better writing. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

This is an excellent point that often gets lost on some designers. It's called musical taste. The music must be arranged to good taste, regardless of the show's theme or message. Take a look at Carolina this year. That show probably didn't end up having the visual impact or GE they were hoping for. Understandable. This is a tough art and sometimes what is on paper just doesn't pan out. We all get that. But most fans can still listen to Carolina's music book (brass and percussion). Why? Solid musical taste, great use of development of theme and climax. It's just better writing. 

Just wondering of the BIG CHANGES are to move up which I don't for see Or....not fall further behind? Changes are not always for the better as members have to be able to perform this at a high level. To me Atlanta regionals are the point where we will know who's where and probably who's out. 

Edited by DFA1970

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Just wondering of the BIG CHANGES are to move up which I don't for see Or....not fall further behind? Changes are not always for the better as members have to be able to perform this at a high level. To me Atlanta regionals are the point where we will know who's where and probably who's out. 

Hard to say. The show is simply poor design. That's a tough thing to fix even if you have a free week. The members are performing really well, anchored by one of DCI's better percussion ensembles. They have to try something, so I support them in that. In the end, I think they will have a hard time placing higher than 9th. I could see them in 10th or 11th if Crossmen or Mandarins get hot down the stretch run. Both of those corps have better constructed shows and simply need to clean.  I hate to say it, but I fully expect to see Mandarins to jump them in Atlanta or Allentown. 

12 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Whether it's to move up or not fall further behind really makes no difference. They need to make changes period. I hope they do move up. I pray for a great result.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hardly. Fans are allowed to be frustrated and George has been that several times over the years. 

If you care, you speak up.  Especially if you truly care about the experience if the marching members.  People were shot down in the recent past for voicing their concerns and have distanced themselves. I am hoping that they are past those times. 

• Like 4