Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tommeee said:

YEA! runs both USBands and Cadets.  Of course money and resources are going to be shared.  There might need to be more transparency on how money is flowed, but to suggest that money CANNOT be shared, is incorrect.

Yeah, I have to agree. How could they prevent the flow of money from USB to Cadets? If USBands makes the revenue (and it certainly does) and the electricity bills for the YEA offices come out of the revenue budget, does that mean the Cadets staff and admins can't use the same office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

never said it was bad. other groups have multiple ways to fund themselves

I know you didn't. I just used used your quote. My apologies for making it sound like I was calling you out. 

Some of the previous posts before yours made it sound like what YEA and The Cadets were doing was sketchy.. at least that was how I read it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

This whole Boston Cadets thing is way overrated 

just be happy both are strong!

i wonder what other changes Cadets have made during this quiet week? I’ve heard a new Cadets style closing moments and that the stair props have been finished with high end painting that looks like carpeted stairs in maroon and white 

any other big changes to expect? I’m hoping they’ve lost the tag ending to the ballad 

At Hattiesburg the Ballad had been modified a bit.   Sung Lyrics introduced earlier on, and the "I will lay me down" at the end was gone.  The stairs do like nice with the new "red carpet", though between the carpets and the corps in red, the Queen in her new red dress is harder to distinguish

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

never said it was bad. other groups have multiple ways to fund themselves

If one is prudent, absolutely- if one of the cash cows fails or goes belly up, others are there to continue income flow. My guess is various groups learned this the hard way when the Bingo gods left the galaxy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Bump tonight!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, East9900 said:

I know you didn't. I just used used your quote. My apologies for making it sound like I was calling you out. 

Some of the previous posts before yours made it sound like what YEA and The Cadets were doing was sketchy.. at least that was how I read it. 

with past leadership i am sure sketchiness abounded, hence and $800 grand deficit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

big positive step tonight in Murf!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one night, but seems like a big step up for Cadets last night. Looks like it was entirely a GE bump. Going back to San Antonio, Cadets were behind Stars in GE by 0.825-2.2; Cadets ahead by 0.1 last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Just one night, but seems like a big step up for Cadets last night. Looks like it was entirely a GE bump. Going back to San Antonio, Cadets were behind Stars in GE by 0.825-2.2; Cadets ahead by 0.1 last night.

They put the entire redone closer in

Stairs finished

The show is dirty so lots to clean 

Still feel they should remove the tag ending on BOTW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

They put the entire redone closer in

Stairs finished

The show is dirty so lots to clean 

Still feel they should remove the tag ending on BOTW 

A pop in GE, with still so much to clean, could be encouraging.

I haven't seen it in a while, but yeah I dislike the BOTW tag, have since I first heard it on camp videos. It got somewhat clearer through good performance, but I still didn't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.