The Cadets 2019

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Last time we got that, we ended up with Little Geoffrey. 

yeah but the brain child for that is gone. I prefer less social messaging, and something with some swagger to it. I'm not sure the brass team knows how to design ballsy though. And....at the risk of being pummeled...it's ok to not be "Cadets" for the sake of "Being Cadets"

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah but the brain child for that is gone. I prefer less social messaging, and something with some swagger to it. I'm not sure the brass team knows how to design ballsy though. And....at the risk of being pummeled...it's ok to not be "Cadets" for the sake of "Being Cadets"

Well "not being Cadets" clearly isn't working, and they seem to have kept some of ideas from that brain child given what's going on this year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Zig...Zig...Zag

...was brilliant at the time.

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well "not being Cadets" clearly isn't working, and they seem to have kept some of ideas from that brain child given what's going on this year. 

i look at it and i see them trying to be Cadets. Let's face it, "Cadets" is viewed as what worked in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's. The game has changed drastically since 11. The competition around them is far greater than it was in 2011. Remember...first they zigged, then everyone zigged, so they zagged. Well now everyone else has Zugged. Maybe they need to zeg. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i look at it and i see them trying to be Cadets. Let's face it, "Cadets" is viewed as what worked in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's. The game has changed drastically since 11. The competition around them is far greater than it was in 2011. Remember...first they zigged, then everyone zigged, so they zagged. Well now everyone else has Zugged. Maybe they need to zeg. 

Eh, I'm thinking they need more of a zog, actually.

Point taken, though.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i look at it and i see them trying to be Cadets. 

They lost the uniform.  They lost the intense drill.  They lost the quality classic, Americana source music. 

What exactly about 2019 is "trying to be Cadets"?   

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Eleran said:

They lost the uniform.  They lost the intense drill.  They lost the quality classic, Americana source music. 

If there's two things I compliment the 2019 Cadets for, it's their resilience and the decision to ditch the boring Americana music

8 minutes ago, Eleran said:

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

What @Eleran said (sans the Americana source music). 

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I only need to look at what Crown is doing this year to know that fast drill, good music and good performers in all captions still works. It takes a special show concept to win Gold now but I don't doubt that if Crown had a strong concept to go along with all of that drill and music that they would be able to contend for a championship.

To me Crown is what the Cadets would look like if the Cadets staff from the 5 years ago didnt leave.

Lots of different ways to skin a cat.

• Like 4