The Cadets 2019

37 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Seems so

an interesting interview with Drew, zero details about the program itself but you can hear brass playing Bridge over Troubles Waters in the background/ next room

Drew essentially states that he’s is most excited about the improved communication among the design team and teaching staff, excited about where the brass program is for March, says them aim at increased competitiveness and mentions the focus at YEA at improving the core organization and all that goes in to supporting the corps. Sounds like the drill writing is underway and the design team continues to meet virtually each Monday 

Even though drum corps nowadays doesn't seem to be focused too much on drill anymore, I'm still hoping for SOME traditional Cadets whiplash drill moments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Drill writer has lots of time with a newborn...tons of late nights!

I just want some cool drill, so far I’m unimpressed. Needs some big wow moments imo 

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Even though drum corps nowadays doesn't seem to be focused too much on drill anymore, I'm still hoping for SOME traditional Cadets whiplash drill moments. 

Drew alluded to this in the video, saying the Cadets must be instantly recognizable as THE Cadets both in look and movement 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I just want some cool drill, so far I’m unimpressed. Needs some big wow moments imo 

i thought last year, in spite of the props which i found to be worthless, had wow stuff at the back end ( not just the Z pull). Again....in April, when planning is well along, boom the world went nuts. Only so much time for a total redesign. 

Edited by Jeff Ream

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i thought last year, in spite of the props which i found to be worthless, had wow stuff at the back end ( not just the Z pull). Again....in pril, when planning is well along, boom the world went nuts. Only so much time for a total redesign. 

Totally agree last year and the year before were compromised at best. Cadets need the best drill on planet earth. That’s the expectation 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Totally agree last year and the year before were compromised at best. Cadets need the best drill on planet earth. That’s the expectation 

right now, if there is one thing that can kill them, it's trying to live up to expectations, which in some cases are un ####### achievable. Given everything the organization has gone thru in the last 11...ok lets say last 3 years, right now, worry about just making the product better, hope for competitive success...which lets face it, the 6 above them are a ###### far sight better than they were the last time the Cadets medaled....and go from there. if everyone and their brother keeps expecting a return to 82-87 level success instantly, they're out of their ####### minds. the game has totally changed in the last 10 years, and if people expect instant contention, you'll soon see Madison like wars internally.

Just be patient and allow everything to grow.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

right now, if there is one thing that can kill them, it's trying to live up to expectations, which in some cases are un ####### achievable. Given everything the organization has gone thru in the last 11...ok last say last 3 years, right now, worry about just making the product better, hope for competitive success...which lets face it, the 6 above them are a ###### far sight better than they were the last time the Cadets medaled....and go from there. if everyone and their brother keeps expecting a return to 82-87 level success instantly, they're out of their ####### minds. the game has totally changed in the last 10 years, and if people expect instant contention, you'll soon see Madison like wars internally.

Just be patient and allow everything to grow.

Dude I just want the drill to be good. I don’t care or expect them to leap back into top three. Heck moving up one spot would be great 

Edited by George Dixon

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Drew alluded to this in the video, saying the Cadets must be instantly recognizable as THE Cadets both in look and movement 

Well that's promising. 

• Like 2