The Cadets 2019

11 hours ago, wallace said:

I have professional obligations that preclude camp visits. My customers come first in my professional life.

Cones of silence aren’t communications. They’re death in today’s media environment. Ask any business owner.

ok, so let's break this down shall we?

is attendance down? No. Are we seeing reports of corps in financial distress for reasons not of their own making, aka lack of payouts, lack of donations or souvie sales? No. In fact, Flo just released their summer broadcast schedule and it looks as robust as ever. 

So is this really hurting business? Please cite hard data to back the claim up. Because, you forget this thing called indoor season which consume a lot of focus and attention right now that fills up a lot of people's winter...and therefore not knowing what a corps is playing really isn't a concern, because they are too busy checking out the WGI or local circuit stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wallace said:

Take sixty pictures during the weekend with a smartphone. Post two a day with clever text. Takes two minutes daily.

Let’s see. What would you do? Oh, that’s right! Nothing.

you're right, I wouldn't, because a picture a day does nothing and gives none of you the information you're clamoring for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you're right, I wouldn't, because a picture a day does nothing and gives none of you the information you're clamoring for.

Someone wanting to know more about what the corps are up to is just as valid as someone who doesn’t care to know what the corps are up to.  Why are you attacking people who want know some info ?  Let them. Btw you said...

Here's the thing...would I like to know? Sure

22 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well, GH did have a reputation of talking a lot about Life, the Cosmos,  50 other things in his tweet musings that were completely unrelated to the Cadets... and so the criticisms tended to be about GH and his celestial, deep thinking, navel gazings and what not... but few criticisms were generated about their off season camp videos, as they're really wern't any, as the Cadets followed the recent DCI trends of the " Sounds of Silence " in the off season and into the preseasons.

Not 100% true. People were also complaining that they were putting out too much info about the show. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Someone wanting to know more about what the corps are up to is just as valid as someone who doesn’t care to know what the corps are up to.  Why are you attacking people who want know some info ?  Let them. Btw you said...

Here's the thing...would I like to know? Sure

attacking? Hardly. I'm in sales and I am my own marketer. putting stuff out for the sake of putting stuff out, especially when it has no valid content isn't effective use of time or resources. I'm trying to be logical and take a business like approach to this. There is a thing called absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Let's look at DCP for instance. Since September, or at least the last big article by Tricia, traffic here is the same cast of characters all the time. Now check back in about 6-7 weeks as the season gets closer to starting. Business will pick up. people know the season is close and will start checking in. As spring camps gets started corps will start putting out more content. Put out too much fluff or smoke and mirrors and people tune you out

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Not 100% true. People were also complaining that they were putting out too much info about the show. 

yup

OK now, can we get back to Cadets 2019?  If y'all want to keep going on about whether corps (in general) should be releasing more information or not, can one of you please start a separate topic on it?

So, what I recall reading about Cadets 2019 so far is:

• I think someone mentioned something about some really cool props that were in the process of being professionally built
  • Current brass camp report stated that they know the entire book
  • Camp report also said they were very impressed with how prepared all the kids were

What else do we know?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hear turnout is good, talent is good, and the design team feels free to create

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Same as a year ago, right?

Well, kinda. Last year at this time, they were already knee deep into stuff, but then had to go and redesign a ton. Now, they could start from scratch without...uh....certain influences in the fall. If they had had last years final version of the show, with some tweaks from day 1....may have seen different results. The massive overhaul starting in late April last year never allowed them to get caught up, and at that point, there could have been kids they may have had on the field that went elsewhere because of the stigma of the corps prior to April 2018.

• Like 1