2019 Predictions!

My predictions are based off of patterns since 08. What surprised me in 2018 was the rise of SOA and the fall of Madison. Everything else seemed in check. I think I had the top 3 right with my non-bold prediction thread.

1. BD

2. Bluecoats

3. Boston

4. Crown

5. SCV

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Stars

9. BK

10. SOA

11. Phantom

12. Crossmen

13. Mandarins

14. Academy

15. Music City

16. Troop

17. Colts

18. PC

19. Madison

20. Genesis

21. OC

22. Surf

23. Cascades

24. Pio...if they don't move down.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

If there is any one thing I think we will see are more x-large props. Without the stage Mandarins don’t make finals. Blue Stars used massive staging all over the field. Boston doesn’t finish sixth. All three medal winners used massive staging and stages as the central visual themes of their designs. 

Conversely, small stages and staging mostly failed and were arguably unnecessary. I don’t think Cadets’ show was improved with the small stages, and (again) Knights’ too small props proved to be distracting.

** Boston finished 5th.

And I agree that they were all key to this season. I just have a feeling that some more classic feel is warranted. Like in politics, we seem to often swing back and forth nationally.  Same thing here is what i feel. Far in one direction and a swing back the other way. Just my opinion on it. 

• Like 3

It would be nice to see age out counts for the current top 12. 

I think SCV will medal again, BD, and I think Crown and BAC will be contending for 3rd.

Cavs, Cadets and Bluecoats battling for 5-7th and it will be close early until Cavs pull away, but Blue Stars will be a dark horse to upset the one who falls behind.

BD

SCV

Crown

BAC

Cavs

Bluecoats

Blue Stars

Cadets

Blue Knights

Phantom

Mandarins

Spirit

Crossmen fall out.

Edited by BoyWonder1911
  • Like 1

BK will continue their downward step trend and scores in 10th place next year

Edited by Alcubierre
bad spelling lel

52 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Without the stage Mandarins don’t make finals.

This is perhaps one of the craziest things said on DCP this year.  

So simply having a rotating stage causes a corps to rise 3 spots?  Why haven't other corps figured this out yet? 

If your comment was so offensive to the staff and MMs of Mandarins, I would be laughing all day.  

1. Bloo

2. SCV

3. BAC

4. BD

5. Crown

6. Cadets

7. Cavies

8. BK

9. Mandarins

10. Phantom

11. Stars

12. Spirit

GE: Bloo

Brass: SCV

Visual: BAC

Guard: Bloo

Percussion: SCV

Predictions based of course on nothing more than general trends and a LOT of speculation... ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I predict there will be discussion and rulemaking regarding tarps to try and keep marchers from tripping over them. 

The ruling will not include banning them. They will try and sweep the problem under the .....tarp.

• Like 2

Top four will remain the same. Order will likely be different.

I love Bluecoats, but it’s hard to pick them to win gold because you never have any idea what they are going to do.

I think Crown will medal, two years of controversy and relative frustration will resolve itself next season. They will have a show that suits their mandatories, and a concept that makes sense.

No one should pick BD out of the medals, if only because they can outrecruit anyone in the off-season and they have the most accomplished Creative staff.

After that I think it will be Bluecoats and SCV. I won’t be surprised to see any of those four win the gold medal. It will all come down to who has the best show concept and how effectively the corps can execute the finer points in the last two weeks of the season.

I see no reason to not pick Boston to challenge for a medal next year. They certainly have the instructional and design staff to do it, and no way those kids are leaving for greener pastures.

After that top five, it could really go a lot of ways. Impossible to predict right now. Cavaliers seem to have hit a wall with their frenetic design style. Cadets need to resolve so much this offseason. Then you are into the corps that traditionally cannot hold onto their most talented marching members, so they are starting over from a training and coaching standpoint. Too many questions about Phantom, Mandarins, Scouts. Blue Stars, Knights, Crossmen, all three seem to always settle into the same space of achievement, and the top is so advanced, so complex, so deeply rooted in design that it’s really hard to see how they can design their way up the ladder, especially when the top six are returning so many elite players.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

This is perhaps one of the craziest things said on DCP this year.  

So simply having a rotating stage causes a corps to rise 3 spots?  Why haven't other corps figured this out yet? 

If your comment was so offensive to the staff and MMs of Mandarins, I would be laughing all day.  

Yes, the concept around the stage was massively important to that shows success. If that offends you, then you are some very thin skin. Three spots in dci, in the 10-13 range, is reasonable to achieve with a great visual concept.

Edited by MikeRapp