Predictions for 2019

1. either: Blue Devils/Crown/Bluecoats/Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders  

2. either: Blue Devils/Crown/Bluecoats/Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders

3. either: Blue Devils/Crown/Bluecoats/Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders

4. either: Blue Devils/Crown/Bluecoats/Santa Clara Vanguard/Boston Crusaders

5. Cadets/Cavaliers - if no one falls down

6. Cadets/Cavaliers - no tarps this season

• Like 3

I'm surprised that Blue Stars and Blue Knights are baked in at 8 & 9 on almost everyone's list!  Things were tight for a while in that pack and the talent levels are similar for many corps.  I think it's a toss up for them, plus the next group which included Crossmen, Spirit, Mandarins, & Phantom .  i'd include Madison  and maybe Academy as well. Which ever of these groups have the best start to the season with a good design and consistent captions will jump ahead. Madison could easily be at the top of this group with a solid show rebound year.

I'm sure with staff changes and all new shows, we will have a reshuffled 8-15 for next season and it will be really exciting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

I'm surprised that Blue Stars and Blue Knights are baked in at 8 & 9 on almost everyone's list!  Things were tight for a while in that pack and the talent levels are similar for many corps.  I think it's a toss up for them, plus the next group which included Crossmen, Spirit, Mandarins, & Phantom .  i'd include Madison  and maybe Academy as well. Which ever of these groups have the best start to the season with a good design and consistent captions will jump ahead. Madison could easily be at the top of this group with a solid show rebound year.

I'm sure with staff changes and all new shows, we will have a reshuffled 8-15 for next season and it will be really exciting!

I think both BK and BS could design a top 3 show, but I just don't know if they have the strength to out-recruit enough talent for those achievement scores that would push them higher than others (maybe they could beat out Cadets next year, but idk).  

Predictions (speculations? ) 

• Blue Devils will be back on top, with a show that silences even BD naysayers (like myself... sometimes) 
  • Boston will be a crowd favorite and be in contention for Bronze 
  • Bluecoats won't medal but will still be in good shape for future years. 
  • Mandarins will retain Finalist status but will have to scrape by to do so. 
  • Crown, Cavaliers, and Cadets will be close in contention for the Top 6. (SCV will certainly have a spot in it). I think Cavaliers will fall out possibly. 
  • The contenders for the Top 6 will be Blue Devils, SCV, Boston Crusaders, Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers. 

anyway, this is broad speculation but this is what this thread is for right? 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 3:10 PM, DCIDADDIO said:

Typically, the corp member(s)...lets just say for example the teeter-totter CG's in Crown, signed a letter of declaration that they were responsible and could perform the stunt to their level of skill and safety. That was then signed off on by the board of directors. I would assume when it comes to unconventional props and the potential for injury, this would be a standard practice. Regardless, doing a stationary back-flip on a platform w/ wheels and no padding while 8ft off the ground (a la SCV)...not for the faint of heart. So a tip of the cap to all those young men and women who do those things for the GE they garner and the crowd reactions they receive. 

How are these props (8+ feet) even allowed without safety equipment (railings and fall protection)? OSHA REQUIRES fall protection for ANY time someone is 6 feet or higher off the ground!!!!!!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

How are these props (8+ feet) even allowed without safety equipment (railings and fall protection)? OSHA REQUIRES fall protection for ANY time someone is 6 feet or higher off the ground!!!!!!

This is not OSHA's jurisdiction. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) is a protection agency for workers in commercial environments to protect workers safety and health.  . MM's are not workers.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:56 AM, Madcityscout said:

Yes, this makes sense. I said this a couple of years ago. I see California dominance coming again for several years in taking the gold. The only other organization that can possibly compete with the West coast would be Blue Coats.

I think in 2019 you're probably right. However, in 3-5 years, I would not be surprised to see BAC, Crown, or even Cadets as favorites for gold. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

This is not OSHA's jurisdiction. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) is a protection agency for workers in commercial environments to protect workers safety and health.  . MM's are not workers.

True, but doubtful that the judge/jury will give a crap when the unthinkable happens.