2019 Predictions!

On 8/12/2018 at 10:57 AM, GetOFFmyDot said:

BOLD PREDICTIONS

SCV and BD will finish 2nd and 3rd (or 3rd and 2nd)

Blue Stars, Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment will drop in placement

Cadets, Mandarins and Crossmen will rise in placement

Madison Scouts will finish lower (I write that with a heavy heart)

1 World Class corps will go inactive for 2019

I like the "...Crossmen will rise in placement..."

• Thanks 1

Let's take a shot for fun...

1) BD

2) Bluecoats

3) Boston

4) Crown

5) SCV

6) Cadets

7) Cavies

8) Blue Knights

9) Crossmen

10) Blue Stars

11) Phantom

12) Spirit

13) Academy

14) Madarins

15) BDB or SCV Cadets (which ever one wins OC)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 1:47 PM, LabMaster said:

This is not OSHA's jurisdiction. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) is a protection agency for workers in commercial environments to protect workers safety and health.  . MM's are not workers.

It's actually 4 feet... But yes OSHA doesn't have jurisdiction. 

1 – Vanguard – SCV has built a staff, paralleled only by BD.  This year, they won their 1st Ott since 1984, and percussion with ~52 age outs from ’17.  They didn’t show up in the top 3 overnight.  Their 17-18 placements were not flukes, they were the logical progression of a staff that not only gells at a very high level but understands how to field a superior product, recruit talent and teach excellence.  Unless they have a major change on staff, expect SCV to dominate DCI, win multiple championships and stay at/near the top.  

2 – Blue Devils – ITS BD! They will build a killer program but it won’t be enough to catch SCV.  The competition between SCV and BD will be legendary and will make DCI all the more exciting.  BD could also “win undefeated after a 2nd place” once again.  Will be fun to see.

3 – Crown – Crown will challenge for Brass and Percussion which will help them get them past Bloo and hold off Boston, but issues with visual will hold them back and continue to cause GE shortfalls.

4 – Boston – Boston is for real.  Their 17 and 18 programs were amazing and very well performed.  A great show design and a little more talent, could put them in to 3rd or 2nd. 

5 – Bluecoats – Honestly Bloo has very few performance weaknesses, show design will decide whether they get 4th or 5th as Boston continues to surge. 

6 – Cadets – Cadets will be challenged recruiting talent, other than that show designed just won’t be a issue.  Don’t be surprised if they push Bloo down a place and take 5th. 

7 – Cavaliers – Loved the 17 program, 18 seemed like they were just trying to make a point.  Let’s hope they don’t waste all that talent on “statement programs” that are not seamless.  An aggressive program with not too many gimmicks and better props integration will serve them well. 

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 – Blue Stars are strong will stay in 8th, Mandarins will move up, Crossmen will remain strong and move up, Blue Knights and Phantom will move down.  Spirit could surge and get into finals.  Predict Phantom would be the 13th in that case.  

Madison – I don’t think a staff and leadership “fire sale” is the best course of action.  Hire a Staff Coordinator (with vision) that has the power to ensure a seamless and effective product is on the field, fix financial issues along with living within means, and many issues will resolve themselves.  Recruit (staff (where needed) and members) like crazy! - Do these things and a spot in finals could be yours.

Edited by devsabre
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, devsabre said:

1 – Vanguard – SCV has built a staff, paralleled only by BD.  This year, they won their 1st Ott since 1984, and percussion with ~52 age outs from ’17.  They didn’t show up in the top 3 overnight.  Their 17-18 placements were not flukes, they were the logical progression of a staff that not only gells at a very high level but understands how to field a superior product, recruit talent and teach excellence.  Unless they have a major change on staff, expect SCV to dominate DCI, win multiple championships and stay at/near the top.  

Glad to see SCV's resurgence.  It's been too long.  Brings a much needed style change to the top.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

From what I’ve heard from camps, here’s my guess. There’s still some more callback camps to go, though.

I’m seeing Vanguard try to do something extra that won’t work. BD will be top two. I’ve heard really good things about Bloo. Crown usually doesn’t have a bad design two years in a row. Wildcards for me are Boston and the Cadets. After that it’s hard to say anything so early.

Personally there are two things I would like to see — Bluecoats win a Jim Ott, and for the Cadets to break into the top six.

1. Bluecoats 

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

4. Vanguard

5. Boston

6. Cavaliers

7. Cadets

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Crossmem

12. Mandarians

Any corps that is below top 6 from this past season will be a tough nut to crack. Any corps in top 6 sans Boston (competitive inertia?) have a "chance" to WIN with the odds on favorite going to VANguard IMO...

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, fsthnds said:

How are these props (8+ feet) even allowed without safety equipment (railings and fall protection)? OSHA REQUIRES fall protection for ANY time someone is 6 feet or higher off the ground!!!!!!

Maybe not OSHA but if certain venues have unions it's not farfetched to think a grievance or two could be filed.