2019 Predictions!

14 hours ago, George Dixon said:

except they weren't

6 The Cavaliers 93.213
7 The Cadets 92.225

and Crown was well ahead of Cavaliers

4 Carolina Crown

in fact - Cadets were closer to Cavaliers than Cavaliers were to Boston (a 1.1 point gap) & closer to Cavaliers than BD was to SCV

I stand corrected. I guess I should have gotten the scores from DCI itself rather than fromthepressbox. Lesson learned. 

9 hours ago, Roos_Wayne said:

Crown 2012-2013?

Forgot they were top 2 both of those years. Good point. Still, percussion cost them any shot in 2012 and nearly deprived them of that 2013 title. Again, BD and SCV have no weaknesses. They are the only corps that don’t.

6 hours ago, karuna said:

Shhhh.  

Crown has gone from darling to "favorite corps to predict dropping so my corps can move up".   Unfortunately (or fortunately for us Crownies 🙂  )  they show no sign of going anywhere -- they're just too darn good.  So yeah I'm sure we'll see lots of Crown in 6th predictions again.  

My prediction is that the new design team has settled in now and will knock it out of the park in 2019.  

I don’t see Crown in 6th. I don’t see Crown falling out of the top 4 in 2019, unless their design is poor. I think that cost them dearly in 2018.  

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Forgot they were top 2 both of those years. Good point. Still, percussion cost them any shot in 2012 and nearly deprived them of that 2013 title. Again, BD and SCV have no weaknesses. They are the only corps that don’t.

Crown's percussion is no longer a weakness.  

SCV is fortunate to have acquired Gaines.   He single-handedly put them back into contention.  Genius is a big advantage.  

I don't see Bluecoats going anywhere either.  They are as innovative as anyone in the top 4. 

Will be interesting to see what (if anything) BD does to separate themselves from this field.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I stand corrected. I guess I should have gotten the scores from DCI itself rather than fromthepressbox. Lesson learned. 

From the press box has the correct scores 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

Ah, it was a total objective analysis and I did not contradict myself. Nothing in my post was inaccurate. SCV is the only corps, other than the Blue Devils, to place in the top 2 two years in a row since the Cavaliers did it in 2006. 

Crown 2012/13 First then second 

they nearly did it again 2015/2016, 16 got third on finals night 

Edited by George Dixon

I predict neither Pioneer or Oregon Crusaders will be the last place World Class corps.

..........too soon?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Alright with the recent news here's my prediction:

1. SCV or BD 
3. Bluecoats 
4. Boston Crusaders 
5. Carolina Crown 
6. The Cavaliers 
7. The Cadets 
8. Blue Stars 
9. Blue Knights 
10. Crossmen 
11. Spirit of Atlanta 
12. Phantom Regiment or Mandarins or Colts 
----- Finals Cutoff ----- 
15. Academy 
16. Troopers 
17. Madison Scouts 
18. Pacific Crest 
19. Music City 
20. Gold 
21. Spartans 
22. Seattle Cascades 
23. Genesis 
24. Legends 
25. Jersey Surf or Guardians 
----- Semis Cutoff ----- 
27. 7th Regiment 
28. Louisiana Stars 
29. River City Rhythm 
30. Southwind 
31. Golden Empire 
32. Shadow 
33. Colt Cadets 
34. Raiders 
35. Heat Wave

• Like 1

Just saw this posted on Reddit.  Something encouraging in the middle of discouraging days.  I believe Chris Bill became a fan of Music City last year when he heard their trombone quintet.  Can we predict from this that Music City will have a trombone feature again in 2019?  I hope so.

7vOWJgQ.jpg

• Like 2